Marlin Firearms Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is my personal Safari Grade 444...the first....the original. It is a Marlin 444 XLR, 1-20 Ballard twist, 24" barrel, manufactured in 2006, and JM barrel stamped.

This particular SG 444 has "the works":

Free floating barrel with static mounted forearm/mag tube assembly, and pillar bedded butt stock that makes for an extremely accurate Marlin lever gun that offers the rigidity and feel of a bolt gun. Combined with the 100% weatherproof acrylic urethane finished stock this rifle offers the most stable and rock solid platform that can be had with a Marlin lever gun! I built this rifle with the intention of making it a "rough service" rifle capable of withstanding any hunting environment.....which it surely will!!!

The SG modification allows for not only the SG 444 COL ammunition to be used, but factory or factory COL length ammunition as well. Unlike a wildcat cartridge, the loading of "ALL" ammunition for this rifle is accomplished with Standard OEM 444 Marlin loading dies, and loading components standard to the 444 Marlin cartridge. This makes for a very versatile firearm that is easy to load for, and, produces over 4000+ ft lbs (utilizing bullets weights of 325, 410 and 455 grains) for large or large dangerous game, or, may be loaded down (with lighter bullets) for lesser game. This is a true "one gun hunters rifle" capable of taking any game animal on earth.

This rifle also features a fully lapped and polished non-fouling bore that makes clean up a breeze, rounded and leather covered recoil pad for ease of shouldering the rifle, a handmade custom grip cap that replaces the standard plastic grip cap and offers true protection for the pistol grip end. I have added my "speed lever" modification for improved cycling, along with a knurled lever bolt/screw to ease disassembly for field stripping, and my oversized cross bolt safety button which allows for quick disengagement of the safety.. also a WWG Trigger Happy, and a Long Hunter one piece firing pin.

This rifle has been "fully" tested and comes with "sample cartridges" and load data to aid in the reloading process. This rifle is in very good condition and is just as tight and solid as the day it was built and will offer lifetimes of service for its new owner.

My bottom line price on this rifle is 2850.00 payable by U.S Postal Money Order only. If you are offering a trade in, contact me by PM before responding to this thread. This rifle sale does not include the scope and rings, etc.

Terms of payment and transfer: I will pay shipping to your FFL. If your FFL will not accept from a non-FFL add 30.00 to the sale price. If you have a trade you will be responsible for shipping and your FFL fees on your end, and I will absorb the FFL fees on my end.

Sales and transfers within Missouri do not require an FFL and a FTF may be possible.

I will accept trades against the asking price, and offer fair market value for firearms in excellent condition on the below listed trade items that I am open to:

Marlin lever guns in 35 Rem or 444 Marlin (JM only).
CVA single shot Scout V2 rifles (not Hunter) in 44 Mag, 35 Rem, or 444 Marlin.
CZ 75 Compact 9mm pistol
Ruger Blackhawk Flat Top 44 Special.

For non trade items purchase send me a PM and post an "I'LL TAKE IT" on this thread. For trade options on this sale, you must contact me by PM before posting on this thread so we can work out the details.

If you have any questions or need further information, contact me by PM....thanks! FT

Attachments

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Once again I'm letting everyone know I gave you the chance to buy this beautiful gun!

Please Lord let me win the lottery today that i never even bought a ticket for!

Reactions: Flat Top

·
Registered
190 Posts
Good golly Miss Molly, that is one fine looking shooting iron. I know you have "hopped up" the .35 Rem. and the .444 Marlin, have you worked your creative magic on any other calibers for the Marlin lever gun?

I still plan on some day having a .35 caliber Marlin lever gun with true .358 Win. ballistics and I am saving up for it as I believe it is the most "useful" caliber for a tube fed magazine lever gun with an exposed hammer.

A 200 yard capable .35 caliber rifle with the right bullet will handily dispatch any Alaskan animal under about any conceivable scenario.

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Good golly Miss Molly, that is one fine looking shooting iron. I know you have "hopped up" the .35 Rem. and the .444 Marlin, have you worked your creative magic on any other calibers for the Marlin lever gun?

I still plan on some day having a .35 caliber Marlin lever gun with true .358 Win. ballistics and I am saving up for it as I believe it is the most "useful" caliber for a tube fed magazine lever gun with an exposed hammer.

A 200 yard capable .35 caliber rifle with the right bullet will handily dispatch any Alaskan animal under about any conceivable scenario.
Ak; Correct! A heavy weight 250 or 300 grain bullet producing 3000 ft lbs will not only kill anything in Alaska , but, just about any game animal world wide. The 350 Rigby is a prime example. Frank Melland, a noted African elephant hunter used a pair of 350 Rigby double rifles, and held a number of African elephant records using only that cartridge. The 350 Rigby shot a 310 grain bullet at 2150 fps, 3190 ft lbs.....as will the SG 35! When I designed the SG modification, that was my exact intention.....a 35 cal Marlin lever gun that had the power to hunt the world......as is this SG 444.

·
Administrator
30,809 Posts
Congrats gentlemen, thread closed.

Jack

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.