Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
****SOLD****

Hi all, this is a steel tube Weaver V7 (2.5-7 variable magnification) from back when they were made in the USA. The bluing is in good shape, although there is some ring marks. Steel turret caps. Duplex reticle. Some small handling marks and rubs, but externally it is one good looking scope. Surprisingly bright optics for its age, I understand why they still have a following.

There are two flaws though that I want to be upfront about and as accurate as I can be.

1. There is a hair somewhere in the scope. It is really only visible on the low magnification settings (2.5-3 and you need to be looking for it). I bet you could blow it out with compressed air, but I don't want to risk ruining anything by taking it apart.

2. On the very edge of one of the glass elements in the eyepiece, is a chip. It looks to be about 1/8" and is on the very edge of the glass. Again, if you're focused on the crosshairs, your eye will likely not pick it up, but it is there. Mainly noticeable against a bright background.

I'm selling this cheap because of these defects and am including shipping (in the USA) for $35. I hope someone here has a good use for this, and might be able to screw on a new eyepiece off a parts scope and call it good. Or, maybe you can use it for parts if you know how to fix these things. To sweeten the pot, I'm throwing in an aluminum weaver base that came with my 336xlr and some 1" weaver rings with the thumb-nuts for easy detachment. If I had to guess, they're "low" rings.

So a cool old scope with a couple things to fix, a base and two rings - shipped for $35 OR I'll trade for most anything gun related. Of interest right now is 7x57 brass.

Ships from 97304, I take paypal, checks, mo's, cash, beer, etc.

Ask questions if I haven't explained everything clearly.

_josh

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
sending pm

"il take it"

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
It arrived on Monday, looks great! I was able to get the hair out with an air compressor, and I hardly notice the chip. Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts