Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Marlin 336W,Purchased new in 2017
Excellent condition. Bored out to .38-55 by JES. I paid $350 + sales tax for the rifle new, another $250 + one way shipping to Jesse to have it rebored from .30-30, and whatever Skinner cost me for the peep and front sights. I have truck work I need to finance or this wouldn't be up for sale.

Trying not to lose too much of what I have into it, I feel $650 shipped to your FFL (who must accept shipment from a non-FFL) is fair.

The first to post "I'll take it" wins the sale.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Can't believe it hasn't sold already, nice set up in a fantastic caliber, and yes it is highly recommended that a 38-55 be handloads, the JES reboring ones are sized for current factory loads, but you save a boat load, and have more options by handloading.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
$650 shipped is absolutely a fair price!

Will it chamber and fire 375 Winchester ammo? I have a Glenfield 30-30 that JES re-bored to 375 Winchester, and it's one of my favorite rifles.

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts

·
Administrator
27,474 Posts
Reactions: 10acres

·
Registered
402 Posts
Congrats and thank you! I was seriously considering buying this rifle, that I don't really "need".
So was I. Every couple of days I'd go back & look at the listing & think that this would be a fairly inexpensive way to add a 38-55 to my safe without a big cash outlay. I'm glad it was finally snapped up & no longer a temptation.

·
Administrator
27,474 Posts
Yes sir, please accept my apologies for not posting that. Mental slip after the excitement of getting it sold!

~Kees~

Need to make it official then by posting SPF to the members user name,

Jack

·
Administrator
27,474 Posts
SPF to Ojaileveraction.

I'll get it straight yet, thanks for your patience!
~Kees~

With that, congrats gentlemen, thread closed.

Jack

Reactions: Ojaileveraction
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.