Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate to do this, but I have an opportunity to pick up a pair of stainless 45/70's, so....

336T w/ Burris 2.75x scout scope and XS ghost ring sights
I have a pic here in the gallery, but don't know how to paste in this post. It is under Lever Scout....
$500.00 OBO

Frank

·
Registered
145 Posts
Headshot,
I couldn't find the picture either. Where in south Florida are you? Iwas in Davie and now in Hollywood.

SpikeMaster49 :D :) 8) :lol: :D :) 8) :lol:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry guys...I can't get the pic into my posts....so I checked and here is what I did to find my pics.....

I went to Gallery, then "search", type in Lever Scout, and the first 2 pics are of my 336T. It is camo with one pic with gun on grass and the other pic the gun is on its case.....if anybody knows how to move the pics from the gallery to the post please let me know...

Spikemaster I live in Pembroke Pines...not far from you at all.... :)

Frank

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Here ya go :lol:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks GunJunkie....I guess I am more computer stupid than I thought... :lol: :lol:

anyways, I hate to sell her, but I can't pass up the 2 45/70's....they are set up exactly how I would have done them myself.....wait, I did set them up for the guy......how coincidental :wink: ....after spending money and getting them set up for what he wanted to do with them he found out that he isn't cut out for the whole hunting thing.....his loss, my gain...I always wanted a 45/70 for pigs and larger game as my stainless 30-30 does the heavy lifting in the deer swamps......

oh well, now it is time to go to the 1894 forum and post my 1894S 44 mag for sale as well....

Frank

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess nobody wants a 336T.....I remember a time when everyone was looking for one.....is there a reason nobody is interested? Is it overpriced? I figured the rifle alone is worth 350-400 and then there is the XS Scout Mount, and the Burris Scout Scope, and all my 30/30 ammo.....

Frank

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so its the paint? wow....all of my hunting rifles, because I hunt close range, and all of my sniper rifles, because I teach and consult,
are painted.....I guess I ruined them...... :roll:

if that is what will stop someone from buying it, then I guess I will keep it. I thought that if someone wanted the rifle and they didn't want it camoflauged they would calculate what $5 worth of paint remover and 30-45 minutes of time is really worth to them. But I guess I think differently...oh well :lol:

Seriously, if that is why, no problem. I never buy one that has been painted either....I never like the way they painted it, and besides....I like the looks from the neighbors when I am hanging rifle parts from the tree in the front yard. I even had a local PD stop...ended up painting his coyote rifle. :lol:

Frank

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the "Heretic" has been sold pending funds to another forum member

Frank

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
I am glad your selling it.... I like the camo look,, you did a nice job on it.. If I had the extra cash I probably would have considered it..

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well guys....deal fell through....his wife found out and he had to back out, so it is still available to anyone who isn't offended by the paint job. :wink:

I know some of you guys are purists, and have told me so....of course, I know that those same guys do not have scopes, or fiber optic front sights, or slings made of anything other than leather.... :lol: :lol: :lol: just kidding you guys....

Frank

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
Man, I hate it when the wife finds out!! :cry: It wasn't me, but I still hate it when the wife finds out!!

·
Registered
697 Posts
Guy musta been whipped! :twisted: My wife has it figured out. I just go ahead and buy a gun and show it to her. Then, she says that's nice. Get it at a good price? Then she proceeds to tell me what she has found [clothes, shoes, riding gear, etc.] on sale and I guiltily [is that a word?] buy it for her as soon as I can. :roll: Hmmm, maybe I'm the one who's whipped! :wink: Wouldn't trade her for all the Marlins in the world. Rick P.S. I owe her a pair of riding boots right now.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I learned a long time ago that I can't sneak anything passed my wife. I think her being a mother of 3 younguns has alot to do with that. Then one day I was out shooting my 39a when she joined me. After about thirty minutes we ran out of .22lr ammo, and she had me run to town to buy some more. I thought I would never get that rifle out of her hands. The rest is history.

Now-a-days, I feel comfortable discussing "our" future firearm purchases with her, as I get the "thumbs up" more times than not. As a matter of fact. For our last anniversary this is what she asked for!
Taurus PT-22

I love the fact that these gun companies are catering to the ladies now. She just loves the pink mother of pearl grips.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i really have 4 children if you want to include leverpuller.he is the most unruley of the bunch. ido like shooting my 22's. leverpuller is a pretty good shot with a rifle, but i can outshoot him any day with a pistol. i know his texan ego won't allow him to say so.
someone please thank the head bottle washer for keeping my man out of trouble. he really enjoys the site here and being disabled at the moment and unable to work you guys have kept his spirt on the up. bless you all.

·
Registered
265 Posts
My wife and I have a "don't ask, don't tell policy"

She doesn't look in the gun safe and I don't open the QVC packages :? :?

Nice job on the paint job, looks pretty cool 8)

·
Premium Member
18,033 Posts
I lived with a gullible blonde for four years, who couldn't tell a bolt gun from a lever. I smuggled so much stuff it the house I had to add another safe. I tried to teach her about shooting and gun safety, but I don't think she ever realized that revolvers don't have safeties. She was always convinced that one of those thingys on the side was the "lock". :roll:

On the other hand, I taught several women (civilians) at the academy from time to time, and most of them learned the assorted crunchentickers (autos) in no time at all. I've seen men do a lot more dumb stuff with guns than women!

BTW, the blonde finally busted me good.......she didn't know much about guns, but she decoded my "secret" filing system in about five seconds. I was grounded from pawn shops for a month! :oops:

Papajohn

1 - 20 of 24 Posts