Marlin Firearms Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FS: 2002 Marlin 1894 SS, with Leupold FX II 2.5x Scope, $990 F2F in SW Fl.

2002 Marlin 1894SS, 44Magnum, JM, Excellent condition. SW Florida, $990.00

Howdy folks. It has been some time since I have posted here. We moved to Fl. about a year and a half ago. Well, as life sometimes gets in the way of things I have a 2002 Marlin 1894 SS 44 Magnum rifle for sale. It is in very good condition but has been hunted and there are some fine line scratches in the stainless as shown in the pix to follow (a brown scotchbrite ,I believe it is, will see polish them out if you must). If you need a perfect condition safe queen, this is not the rifle for you . It is a working rifle I have posted at great length in the past here on MO about my satisfaction with this rifle and it hurts to sell but some medical issues force my hand as well as my 2002 336Y Spikehorn listed separately.

The 1894 SS is of course a stainless steel rifle and will come with a perfect condition (still likely sighted in from it's shooting session and subsequent deer harvesting chores, more than 2 years ago) Leupold FX II 2.5 fixed power scope (I do have the original Leupold box and Bikini lens cover) mounted in Warne QR mounts. The Warne rings are nestled in a B-Square scope mount on the rifle. It is of course a CT. built rifle all the way. I will include a spare stainless OEM carrier with the sale of the rifle as I replaced it log ago. The action is slickety, snickety smooth and it loves 300 gr Hornady HP's among a host of others. It also has a Wild West Guns "Happy Trigger" installed. I think I still have the original trigger set too but I would have to look to be sure. I would consider selling the rifle alone without scope, rings and mount and WWG happy trigger for $790.00.
I have shot this rifle a good deal and it has been chronicled here in rifle reviews and also as my rifle of choice on my last hunting trip to PA several years back. A brief look through my posts started will get you to the appropriate sections.

I GREATLY prefer a face to face sale as shipping is a major PITA here even thought the FedEx and USPS rules permit it. If I do have to ship it it will be from a local FFL holder to yours. I have no idea what they will charge but figure at least $40-50 maybe more. What ever they charge is what it will cost in other words.. I will have to research that.

A face to face buyer will have the option of acquiring a fair bit of loaded ammo too for a dirt cheap price but I will not ship ammo. The local shipping Nazis make life much more difficult than necessary, so I avoid those blood pressure spiking confrontations.

I am located in SW FL between Ft Myers and Sarasota and would greatly prefer another MO member to get it. The action is smooth from cycling and a bit of light polishing. I do not have the original box but the Walnut furniture is quite attractive, the hammer spur is present as is the front sight hood is not (but I may have one in my box 'o parts). I may have one but I would rather under promise and over deliver..

The price is $990 face to face. I would consider selling the rifle alone without scope, rings and mount and WWG happy trigger for $790.00. If I have to ship I will have to get a price from a local FFL .

Enclosed is a linkie to my Photobucket if the individual pix do not load.

1894ss Sale Photos by achildofthesky | Photobucket

Thanks for looking and do be safe.
Patty​

·
Registered
36 Posts
If this is still available, and if you are still willing to ship, I will take this for $790.00 plus shipping. Minus the scope, mount and trigger. PM to follow.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
If this is still available, and if you are still willing to ship, I will take this for $790.00 plus shipping. Minus the scope, mount and trigger. PM to follow.
Awww..that is the ultimate scope setup for a lever action...shame to take it off really.

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rifle is sold . KAH64 I will give some thought to your request. I am not sure if I have another lower power scope for Marvin or the 2002 336Y Spike horn I have listed if I am lucky to be able to keep it. Mods: Please lock the thread down.

Thanks for looking, especially to kestump and be safe
Patty

·
Administrator
28,298 Posts
Very good Patty. Closed

Jack

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.