Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Andy, or anyone else for that matter. At 57 my eyes leave me diminished when shooting iron sights. I have aperture rear sights and the fronts are the original Marlin brass beads. Is it predictable that a front blade would be sharper or easier to shoot. If so, just a plain blade or one with perhaps a white vertical stripe? I don't want to go to a scope as a scope would take away from the appeal of the gun. However it would be nice to have a better idea of hit probability. Apertures almost do what I ask of my lever guns, just want a little more. Thanks guys, Steve.

·
Vendor
1,941 Posts
Hi Steve,

I'm 50 and wear bifocals so I'm with you on this one. My best personal results have been with a standard black Patridge (blade) sight. With a bead I have to cover the target and in the case of a deer @ 150 yards its tough to get an accurate point of aim since the deer is obliterated by the sight. A blade allows me to see both around the sight and use the top as an aiming point.

Essentially the Skinner Sight picture using a .096" aperture and a Patridge front blade is the same sight picture as the M16/AR15.

And we know that works.. :)

I have not used the vertical white line in our production for a couple reasons but I understand they do give a good sight picture also.

Hope that helps,

ANDY

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it certainly helps. I've been trying to use the top of my bead as you describe but that leaves me disappointed. My bead is just too fuzzy. So, as you might like to hear, I'll be ordering more sights from you! Thanks for all the help you given, today and recently. Steve.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts