·
Premium Member
5,417 Posts
eBay - about 20 bucks

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I looked at Midway, they don't list the 1895 for those.I could get a stock one and drill it out. I want it for a fiber optic sight. Haven't checked EBay yet.

·
Registered
266 Posts
The Marlin hood should work on any Marlin sight ramp, as long as the blade is the original height or lower. I needed a 0.5" blade on my 1904 .44 Mag, but the original blade worked on an 1895 Guide Gun.

For what it's worth, I used my 1895 Guide Gun with and without the hood. The hood works well for a 6:00 hold on bullseye targets, but a plain brass bead works better on darker backgrounds. I don't care for fiber optic sights, but admit they are the most visible against all backgrounds. The ultimate hooded target sight is listed below. It comes with several inserts, including solid or pierced centers.

TARGET FRONT SIGHT | Brownells

I noticed that the OP intends to use the hood with an FO sight. That defeats the purpose, which is to collect ambient light and direct it toward the shooter's eye.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just found that site. I sent an email asking if the wide scan view sight will work on an 1895? They don't say on the web site.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Looking at Marlinsighthoods.com above, I noticed that they have a cut-away version which will let the light in for the fiber optic sight. Nice.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you. I'll be ordering the blued one. Appreciate the help. My rifle is a bead blast stainless but I think the blued hood and blued Skinner winged sight will set it off. Thanks

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Thank you. I'll be ordering the blued one. Appreciate the help. My rifle is a bead blast stainless but I think the blued hood and blued Skinner winged sight will set it off. Thanks
Funny. I would rather have the silver front sight base like you have than the blued one I have now - to go with the stainless skinner winged rear.

View attachment 152603

1 - 15 of 15 Posts