Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, looking for some help. I bought a Skinner peep last year (the basic one, guess it's the "reliable series" now) to put on my 30-30, but I have decided to put on my 336 35R instead. I have tried different front sights in the past and have gotten tired of trying to file down the things to fit in the ramps, etc. I've decided to try the Marbles uniramp. Wanted to know if anybody out there uses this combination (or something similar) on their 35, and if you could tell me what size uniramp works for you. I know every gun is different, but I'm making an order and want to go ahead and try one of these. They're not expensive, so I'm willing to try one out if there is somewhat of a consensus on here.

My rifle is an '81 model SC (I believe...20 in. barrel). Load is 200 grain at 2000-2100 f/s.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
If you go to the gunsmithing section you can find a thread on how to figure out what heigth front sight you need by how high it is shooting at a certain distance. Good luck and let us know how you make out. As for the Uniramp I've never tried one.

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
They are sold fitted for three different barrel diameters (will need to meaure your barrel), with two sight hights for each. Would tend towards, test shooting the Skinner with what you've got with the Skiner sight set at midpoint for elevation. See where the groups go, high or low, or close to dead on. Then measure the combined hight of the front sight & ramp you already have. Depending if the groups were all to high, to low, or right on...order the uni sight that fits best fits the adjustment needed, if any.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts