Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
If the hood is the same as the one on my 1895GG, it simply slips off. You need to gently spread the bottom apart while sliding it off the end of the barrel.

I needed to take mine off so the firesights would work better. More light gathering that way.

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
I take mine off as they get pulled off trying to get them in and out of the gunsafe, however they do make one with a cutout, so only the front and back of it go across, lets in a lot more light if you like them. I keep mine in a baggie in the gunsafe so I can put them back if I should trade.

·
Registered
265 Posts
A hood with a cutout would be cool.

Do you know where I can get one. Looked on the Marlin sight but can't find one.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Does any one know where I can get an old hood? I have several old Marlins I and the hood is all they need to be restored to their original look. The old ones have a different look and fit.

Thanks,

SS

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
Space here is the picture of the cutout hood.

This one came off a stainless 22Mag. If you want a blued one I would use a dremmel or similar tool and use the paint on bluing on it after. If you can use a stainless one send me mail with your address and you can have this one.

Sidespin what models are you looking for and what year rifles.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Sidespin said:
Does any one know where I can get an old hood? I have several old Marlins I and the hood is all they need to be restored to their original look. The old ones have a different look and fit.

Thanks,

SS
Brad, I have an extra one that fits my 1970 336. I am not sure what shape came on the older ones, but this one is the round, cylinder type. It's yours at no charge if you want it.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Randall,

I'd really like to have it, so would my old SC, however, I'd much rather pay something for it. If it is cylindrical it is just the shape I need.

ejc,

It is not a mandate for me, it is something I can do without so if you have looked long and hard I will yield.

SS

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Space said:
A hood with a cutout would be cool.

Do you know where I can get one. Looked on the Marlin sight but can't find one.
Hey Space,

Call Marlin and ask for it. They sell them for around 8 bucks.

Cheers,
Mad

·
Registered
95 Posts
Sidespin, you take it. I can live without it. I have two 336RCs, one I have had since new in 1966 and I still have the hood for it. The second one I bought second hand and it came without the hood. I had it chambered to 30-30AI.

It would be nice to have another hood, but I can use the one I have on either rifle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts