Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
"Plastic barrel bands" surely you jest! They haven't gone that far down have they?

Laminated stocks to fit a 336 and a big loop will get you about as close as you can get. As far as I understand the G is the G(Guide Gun) in the 1895G and that's a 45/70.

·
Super Moderator
12,705 Posts
In addition to the stock set you will need the following parts:

-Forearm tip #F406608
-Forearm tip tenon #F406321
-Forearm tip tenon screws #F406454 (2 required)

Note this will require cutting a dovetail for the tenon using a milling machine or a dovetail jig with a file.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Other than the laminated stocks what else do I need to convert a standard 336w to a GBL?
This is a 30-30 BTW

This is basically what I have but with a matte finish. Pressed or stamped checkering and plastic barrel bands......Thanks

I'd know that rifle anywhere. It's resting in my safe right now. BTW its not just a "W" it's a "JM" "W"

·
Banned
223 Posts
I'd leave it just like it is. For hunting it's perfect. So what if the wood is stained birch, scratches cover easy with Old English Scratch Cover for dark wood. Plus it adds to character. Well to be honest, I never cared for laminates.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Before you look at the other requirements, keep in mind that you need a 336 fore-end.
Anything off an 1895 (which is what WGP has listed) is going to have a larger barrel channel and will:
A) Look like crap on a 336.
B) Not fit worth a crap on a 336.

If you want laminate, go to Boyds.
You can get a stock set that doesn't require any other modification to the rifle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.