Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
All kinds. Enamored of their mechanisms!
11,353 Posts
One of my favorite Wayne flicks. He is totally out of his usual character as an obsessed almost demonic character until the last moments. A must see to those have never seen it. AC

·
Registered
78 Posts
Beautiful!

I was just eyeing the one Cabela's sells, and wishing I had some money to spare.

Great job!

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I'm curious how much does one cost. I would think a custom made one would be quiet expensive. I still have the Sharps bug and I can't wait until I get my tax return. One of those would be great to have. I hope they don't charge by the foot. LOL.

·
Banned
2,262 Posts
Nice job ghost rider! :congrats:

Reactions: gunscrewguy

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I bet a fur covered one would also be very attractive especially with a backpack harness for over the shoulder carry of a short rifle or shotgun. I wish I was as talented as you Ghostrider1.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Great looking rifle case. I have been meaning to make one from one of my deer hides, just haven't got around to it. Don't think it will look as good as yours though.

·
Administrator
23,796 Posts
Nice job. Used to hand stitch them when I was into the black powder rendezvous things.

Made my own buckskins, bags, pouches, sheaths, capote and such. In that era it was a must to hand stitch.

Sailmakers needle (ess shaped) is the handiest thing to stitch buckskin with. The shape allows you to really push through heavy leather and multilayers.

Got imitation sinew from a local leather supplier, basically wax coated extra large dental floss. I did use a lot of the dental floss.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts