Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just curious about this subject and how other people have dealt with it. Why do so many people hate their exes? I don't hate any of mine except maybe one and I don't really hate him, he just sort of makes me sick because of what a liar he was. His current wife is a gorilla who smokes and drinks like a pig and periodically threatens me even though it's been seven years. They live in my neighborhood, and I see them in the grocery store buying Hamburger Helper and Marlboros and looking miserable as all hell. I refuse to speak to either one of them.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I think it really depends on the circumstances surrounding the relationship before and after the break-up.

I have an ex who broke up with me because his mommy told him to. I found out a little to late, what kind of "man" he was. Anyway, he sure as heck does not deserve to have me in his life in any form or fashion. But, I do have ex-boyfriends that I still speak to occasionally. They were good guys they just were not right for me.

·
Registered
670 Posts
RedB,
I agree with Toughie
I think it really depends on the circumstances surrounding the relationship before and after the break-up.
This is one of those questions that have so many variables involved that you can't give a real answer without knowing many more specifics about the parties involved and the circumstances of the relationship. Sometimes, it's more the people involved and their body chemistry, or lack there of, that causes the problem. Then, on the other hand, you have those people who get along great as friends, but let them get married and what an explosive relationship! Some individuals also are more forgiving of others and can get on with their life while still being friends with their ex. I think it's great if all relationships could end on a civil note, especially if there are children involved.

Anna

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Of course when there are children are involved, people really do need to put the interests and well being and the child/children first, and that wasn't a problem for me. But for so many people it is and it's sickening to see how some of them use children as pawns against each other.

I think I asked a question that I already knew the answer to, at least in my case, and I can't be "friends" with the person mentioned above. It shouldn't even be a consideration in my life.

·
Registered
670 Posts
RedBaroness wrote
...I can't be "friends" with the person mentioned above. It shouldn't even be a consideration in my life.
Unfortunately, we probably all have someone such as that in our lives and it's impossible, no matter how hard we try, to get along with them. Those situations are ones best left alone as we move on down the road of life. It's their loss.

Annabelle

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
Hey now, just hold up there!! What is wrong with looking like a gorilla who smokes and drinks like a pig :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
670 Posts
Yeah, sometimes people piss ya off so bad that you can never forgive them.
VTDW....you jumped mighty quick on that one!! Does that description fit you or something???? :wink:

Braveheart

·
Premium Member
3,049 Posts
Hey now, just hold up there!! What is wrong with looking like a gorilla who smokes and drinks like a pig

Thats what I'm talking about. :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
688 Posts
My ex left me AND our kids. Had kids with the next husband and left THEM! Now lives alone but all her kids visit when they can and regularly including mine who I raised. She invites my wife and I to parties, etc. which I avoid unless it is for the kids. Nothing closer to hell for me though, than to come home and find the wife and the ex having a chat on the phone! :eek: :roll:

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Hobie said:
My ex left me AND our kids. Had kids with the next husband and left THEM! Now lives alone but all her kids visit when they can and regularly including mine who I raised. She invites my wife and I to parties, etc. which I avoid unless it is for the kids. Nothing closer to hell for me though, than to come home and find the wife and the ex having a chat on the phone! :eek: :roll:
That gave me a shiver :shock:

·
Registered
553 Posts
I don't understand it either, Red. So many women can not even have children, yet, horrible, unfeeling women can pop them out by the dozens. I does not make any sense.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I got married 2 months after I turned 18 years old and I have been married almost 20 years to the same woman. She is still my best friend and the best part of what makes me who I am. Both my dad and Mom have been married 3 times and my mom can still speak and be civil with my dad and ex-stepdad, but my dad is only civil to my mother because of myself and my brothers. From my observation, it appears that how civil exes can be has to do with how much pain there was in the break-up for either of the two primaries involved. I don't think there is a norm, but I do believe people put aside differences to maintain relationships with their children after a split.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Hobie posted:Nothing closer to hell for me though, than to come home and find the wife and the ex having a chat on the phone!
That can be pretty disconcerting, I'm sure! But, you also have to look at it this way: At least your wife and your ex can be civil enough to talk to each other.....just hope it's not about you! :shock: :? :shock: :(

Annabelle

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Women are supposed to have kids, kinda built that way. I don't see why anyone could leave their kids in their right mind. Or maybe its just that.. right of mind.
By the way, I sure hate my x, and it feels good to say that. :D

·
Registered
553 Posts
go to your profile. Scroll down until you see avatar control panel. And upload one fro your comp. Or pick a pic out and post the url in the appropriate spot

1 - 20 of 20 Posts