Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happened to stop in a local pawn shop this afternoon and saw a really nice 1992 336 cs for sale. I've never seen a Marlin lever gun in this store before, so it really was a pleasant surprise to see one on the shelf. The wood looked good--a few minor scratches and the usual wear for a rifle almost twenty years old. The metal looked good as well--no rust or pitting, but did have some of the blue worn off in a few small spots. Wood to metal fit looked really good, and the bore looked really clean. The action worked smoothly. It was missing the four plug screws on top of the receiver, but I can pick those up at the gun store across town or order them from Skinner. After carefully looking it over a couple of times and some bargaining with the owner, we settled on a decent price. Tonight I'll give it a good cleaning, and I might even get to the range this weekend or early next week. I'll post some pics when I get a chance and a range report once I get to go shooting.

·
Premium Member
2,809 Posts
Some of the best deals this week are found in pawn shops. Including mine this is the 5th this week. I gotta go to an estate auction next weekend and noticed they had a Marlin 17 up for auction. That one might be the 2nd marlin from an auction for me this year, well in the past 2 months actually.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Where's it at? I can't see it... :)

·
Administrator
23,800 Posts
Cmon, Hawkeye, pics are a required part of our addiction.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts