Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, awhile back I was looking for help getting a gun I found in South Carolina. I finally received it today and it's a mix and match. I'm not to tore up about it because it was gonna be a shooter anyways and I got a good deal on it. Turns out its an 1892 receiver mated with a 39a barrel and a Mountie buttstock....lol. So I think I'll do a little work and change out the furniture and make it look more like a '92.

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
That's a pretty good looking hybrid. Not so sure that I wouldn't just leave it the way it is if I owned it. It sure makes you signature line stand out! :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's an odd one for sure. Whoever fit the buttstock did a terrible job so I think I'll just swap it out for a 1892 stock. Just ordered the new firing pin so should be up and running in a week or so.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
It looks good to me as something to play with, it's definetly not show/collector quality but not knowing what you paid for it I can't speak on that point but I would have bought it if the price was right.

·
Banned
2,262 Posts
84, money is no object when it comes to Marlins. I have a project Marlin that will end up costing me around $600-700
(maybe more?/hope not) when I'm done, and be worth about $400. It's gonna be fun though, and should be a good little shooter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts