Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shot a fox sunday night, with a 125gr sierra hollowpoint 30-30 nice tore up the hide to bad to save it so I got the tail. I washed the blood of the tail and hung it up. Well the next morning I was messing with it and all the fleas on it jumped on me, not really knowing what to do a called the docter's offfice and asked if there was a human flea shampoo, the laughed and refered me to the vet. The vet gave me a sample of flea and tick shampoo and now I am parasite free.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Shoulda bought a flea collar. :lol: :D :shock:

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Matt...Usually don't have that problem if you wait till after a hard freeze, guess you just live to far south... :D :D :D How you been doin"?...Jake

·
Registered
355 Posts
If you'll lay your animal(any of them) outside, and sprinkle some moth ball flakes on them the fleas will disappear in just a few minutes. It's a pretty good trick to use if you don't have a lot of time to wait on the fleas to go on their own.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Its no telling what you can get,when you mess with the wrong tail.. :lol: :lol: :wink:

·
Registered
289 Posts
"tore up the hide to bad to save it"

They're usually pretty easy to stitch up from the inside with a curved needle and dental floss.

Sorry 'bout the fleas.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Every rabbit we shoot here in PA has fleas, even in Feb. with temps in the low teens! I keep my hound on flea treatments the year-round.

It always surprises me that even dedicated rabbit hunters never notice this until I show them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts