Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all went to local gun show last weekend walked past this at least 5or6times and then went back and it was still there well needless to say marlinitis hit hard asked the fellow at the table if he would take 75.00 for it and here is what we picked up. OK i know its not a mod 39 ;D but it is a marlin with the jm stamp and for the price i was not going to walk around it again. serial dates it, to 1973. DL MOD.42.going to refinish. all ready started the receiver, will send more pic when finished.

·
Premium Member
12,566 Posts
Is that not a Model 49 DL that you have stripped the paint from the receiver?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Halwg yes it is. reason i am refinishing is that someone had taken some black gloss paint and and had about 10 coats put on with a brush so you could just picture that right. ::) will put up more pics when finished.

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Doesn’t look bad like it is. How are you going to do with the receiver?

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
One option is that you could use aluminum polish and make it shine. If you don’t like it then paint it.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you night fisher i forgot all about the aluminum polish may just keep it aluminum kind of gives it its own personality.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Nightfisher said:
One option is that you could use aluminum polish and make it shine. If you don’t like it then paint it.
I agrree, it looks better as a stainless rather than blacked.

My wifey's model 60 had the receiver stripped before I bought it, so I'm stipping off the barrel blue & buffing it back to a stainless finish, then I'll put some protectant on it :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.