Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
At the Walmart in Glasgow, Kentucky of all places. I ask every time I'm in there, but I can't be there at 8:00 every Wednesday to beat the hoarders so I'm usually out of luck. But this afternoon they had three 100 round boxes of CCI .22CB shorts. I took all three.

The old 1936 model 80 likes them pretty good anyway.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Glad you found something. My Walmart gets .22 in about two days a week now..I usually know when it is there, but I have the Luxury of I and my Brother being self employed so it is much easier than you guys that have to punch a Clock.

It seems to be easing alot. I hope we can all find it on the shelves soon at any time of the Day...

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
What did it cost you?
Last week I looked 3 places for .22 LR:
1. Tractor Supply, $6.95 for 50 rounds. Two box maximum. Grudgingly bought one box, to take the kid shooting.
2. LGS, an outfit by which all other LGS' are measured around here. Similar price to Tractor Supply. Couldn't do it. Pretty nice people but ammo's too pricey.
3. Walmart. $1.97 per box of 50, three box maximum. Bought three. The same 3 people consistently work in that department (for years) and provide excellent service.

Reactions: erimort

·
Registered
416 Posts
$7 for a box of 50 22LR!? That's the equivalent of $70/brick... Sounds like some grade A price gougers.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Walked into my local WalMart a couple days ago and they had Remington 250 bulk boxes on the shelf at $11.60 a box. Not my favorite stuff but I bought my limit of three boxes. Wife was in the store with me and thought about having her buy three boxes but then decided I didn't want to get into that category. Young fellow standing there next to me had looked but didn't see the 22's. Said he had long wanted a Henry H001 and finally got one but couldn't find ammo. Said his uncle had given him a half box of 50 rounds. He bought his limit of three boxes and walked out with a smile on his face. Made me feel a little better about leaving some on the shelf.

Salesman told me they don't know when the ammo comes in but when they do it is put on the shelf around 7 A.M. that morning. He said the local pawn shops usually cleaned them out before other customers had a chance to buy. Of course we all know what the pawn shops do with the stuff. Since we only have one pawn shop in town it's easy to see just who that is. I've bought several guns from that pawn shop in the past but since they are pulling that stunt....never again. Couple months ago at the same WalMart I picked up two 375 bulk boxes of CCI AR 22 ammo and one box of 100 HMR ammo. IIRC the 22 ammo was about $19 a box. So the ammo is out there and slowly trickling in but you have to stumble in at the right time or work around the gougers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.