Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for a 243 with a JM barrel for a while now. Finally ran into one at Cabela's on the used rack for 3 bills. The barrel is showing some signs of rust, but not too serious. I think 300 is a bit steep for a used gun, considering that I can find long actions new for 275. Does Cabela's negotiate used gun prices? If they'd throw in a ProStaff they're closing out for 100, then it would be a sale. The also had a 270 and a 25-06 in stainless on the used rack.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I myself have never tried it there but gun prices are usually always negotiable. IMO it would seem especially so on a used fire arm considering they probably took that gun on trade for something they were already gonna profit on for somewhere in the neighborhood of $200 or maybe even a little shy of that. My theory is it never hurts to try, so go for it!

·
Registered
107 Posts
personally I would not buy one of the guns off of cabela's used rack because of the huge number of people that have screwed with it while it was sitting there.

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
Depends n how is working. Have had some good deals, $90 off a 1975 35 Rem in great shape, and other guys would only offer $25 off. They cn't buy one till it's been on the rack 30 days, if you want one an employee has their eye on, not so willing to deal. DP

1 - 4 of 4 Posts