Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pards- Found a NIB 94P at a gun shop today that some guy bought last fall for a hog hunt he never went on and finally decided to trade off. Anyone know how many of these were made? I wonder how loud that 16" ported barrel will bark with mild plinker loads(?). The shop wants $400. Gimme some advice fellas!-RH

·
Registered
305 Posts
Jump on it or give me the phone number!!!

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'll second that. Seriously.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Buy it!! Buy it!!! Buy it!!! Thats a good price and the 1894p is an awesome little truck gun-packin the woods rig. It is pretty loud with the ports but not so much as to make me want to give mine up.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Whew! I was afraid someone was gonna snatch it out from under ya'! You know us forum dwellers gotta stick together.

G

·
I love my '94p; has the XO set up and a burris scout, plus a kick eze pad - people start shooting it and won't quit. I've tried all the ammo, and the white box winchester 240 gr jsp ammo works best (costs least)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm thinking about trying some 180 or 200 grain for plinking/ varmint control, any of you guys tried the lighter bullets at all?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Redhammer, I've had good luck with the 200gr Hornady xtp/hp. I'm using hornady data. Viht N-110 powder 23.5gr ,Win Brass and CCI 350LMP. I chrono these at just a smidge under 1900fps and get 1 1/2" groups at 100yards. 1900 is actually a little hot for these bullets but for varmits, plinking and bad people control they'll do most excellent.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
stumpyz66 said:
Redhammer, I've had good luck with the 200gr Hornady xtp/hp. I'm using hornady data. Viht N-110 powder 23.5gr ,Win Brass and CCI 350LMP. I chrono these at just a smidge under 1900fps and get 1 1/2" groups at 100yards. 1900 is actually a little hot for these bullets but for varmits, plinking and bad people control they'll do most excellent.
I like the way you think. :wink:

G

·
Nanook 450 said:
FWiedner said:
I never understood what the attraction was on those Ps.

Ports.

:roll:
Have you shot one Fweid?

Nope. Never felt the urge.

I'm guessing from the question that you have, and found the experience satisfactory.

OK. I give...

Whats the draw?

:?:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nanook- I ordered up some goodies for the '94P! :) A WWG trigger, XS ghost ring sight set with the threaded hole for different size appatures and the Wolff reduced power hammer spring, as if it wasn't cool enough before. 8)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts