Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after a few months of lookin, I finally found just the Marlin I've been looking for. I wanted to find a JM marked 336 with the checkered walnut stock. Found a 336CS locally and picked it up today. It was made in '98 but looks almost new after all this time. Previous owner only put a couple hundred rounds through it and took very good care of it, even came with the original box, manual and scope mount filler screws (gun came with a scope base installed). I'm planning on putting some Skinner sights on it after I've shot it a bit and using it as a hog gun. I've never been much of a hunter but I've wanted a lever gun for a while and have the opportunity to do some hog hunting with a few friends so this 30-30 seemed like a natural fit. Also wanted to say "thanks" to the forum members in general, I've gathered plenty of info from yall that helped me decide on exactly which gun to look for. I know how you boys get about these kind of posts without pictures so without further ado:

Firearm Gun Trigger Shotgun Gun accessory

·
Registered
569 Posts
Congrats! Now go get yourself some bacon!

·
Registered
919 Posts
Wont be your last. Widow

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
She shore is a purty thang.......she got any sisters?...:flute:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Lol. Some of you beat me to the punch. I give him three month before you get another. :)
Good looking rifle. Happy hunting.

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Very nice rifle!!!

·
Banned
97 Posts
you said "her", the way the tang is on that one, it is clearly a he, I would be careful jerking that lever too many times, once you get it worked up, it's going to shoot!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.