Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at Sportsmans warehouse today and talking to one of the sales guys about them not having the Buff listed by thier supplier when to my surprise the guy says "well I've sold two and we usually stock them", then the gun manager comes over and wouldn't you know he says he has one in the back. Great, I wasn't expecting that and now I am faced with not letting it get away. I asked if he would hold it till next week and he said he would and put it away in the back with my name on it. How am I going to tell my wife I now have a .480 Ruger AND a Buff classic on layaway?

Oh yea, $299+tx. :D

·
Premium Member
1,648 Posts
Congrats on the new BC!! When I was looking for a BC, I called Sportsmans Warehouse in Portland to see if they had any, was told they don't carry that model. Ordered one from Bimart locally, $318 + tax. 2 weeks later I was at Sportsmans and they had one in the rack for $299, the guy behind the counter said they always carry them.... :roll:

I had mine rechambered to 45-120, put the Williams FP target sight on it and a .404" 17A sight up front, the original .584" sight was too tall, it shot 8" low at 50yds. It shoots real good with 43gr of XMP5744 and several different bullets,rem 405gr, CP 405gr, 440gr and 460gr and 500gr MPS. I just ordered another 45-70 barrel for it using the special order form, barrel was $108 shipped.... :D

Tim

·
Banned
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
quickdtoo said:
I had mine rechambered to 45-120Tim
Yea, that's what inspired me to look for one of these to start with :D It's all your fault.

·
Premium Member
1,648 Posts
:oops: Sorry..... :D My next one is gonna be a 38-55 Target rebored and rechambered to 405 Winchester, but I gotta see how my smith does on reboring a 25-06 Handi to 338-06, he won't have it done until the end of the month or sometime in July....if he does a great job, I'll order a Target barrel for the conversion since H&R is offering them for $20 off.

Tim

·
Banned
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
quickdtoo said:
:oops: Sorry..... :D
Tim
Yea, I can feel your remorse! Tell you what, if you can figure out how I can bring that gun and the .480 SRH home at the same time we'll call it even.

·
Banned
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
quickdtoo said:
Put a lamp shade on the BC and tell her it's just a lamp that looks like a rifle!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
You know, that ones almost dumb enough to work LOL! I might get away with it cause my wife will figure I'm losing my poor addled mind and feel sorry for me :shock: :lol:

·
Banned
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey, is this turnin into a 2 man forum or what?

·
Registered
53 Posts
OK, OK, I'll jump in just so you fine guys don't feel ignored....

I didn't know they made H&R Handi Rifles in .480 Ruger, whats the model #?....<><.... :lol: :lol: :lol: (a joke)

·
Registered
627 Posts
I used to check in here more often, but like you guys pointed out, not alot goes on in here. Hope you like your BC. I love mine. My Smith Enterprises sight should finally come in this week..

·
Premium Member
1,648 Posts
MSP Ret said:

I didn't know they made H&R Handi Rifles in .480 Ruger, whats the model #?....<><.... :lol: :lol: :lol: (a joke)

Hmmm....another suggestion for the survey!!! :lol:

Tim

·
Banned
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MSP Ret said:

KSRH-7480 :D .

Hey, QTD, do we allow members on our forum? :D

·
Banned
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Skippy1 said:
I used to check in here more often, but like you guys pointed out, not alot goes on in here. Hope you like your BC. I love mine. My Smith Enterprises sight should finally come in this week..
Hey Skippy, haven't seen you anywhere lately. You still stateside? I thought you went to the sandbox to play some more. Tell me more about the Smith sight.

·
Premium Member
1,648 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Yeah, that's the one. I ordered it from Buffalo Arms aroung March 15. It's so late because they were working on a big defense contract. I wanted something a little more "period" looking, without adding a false tang to the wrist of the stock like others have done. I think that this setup will do me just fine out to about 500 yards or so with the addition of the peep slider.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Yeah, I'm still at the house. My crew is getting held back for a while until our equipment issues are resolved. My assignment here will probably end in about another six months, so it's possible that I may not even deploy with this crew. Maybe I'll get "lucky" and they'll throw me back in a loudspeaker truck.

·
Banned
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the links QTD. I have a couple windage and elevation adjustable peeps, one Lyman and one Redfield, that I may try to use.

Skippy, do you have an 1895 also? I used to see you posting up at the BB forum quite a bit.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I have an 1895 ss with a Leupold VARI-X 2-7X33. I used to post alot more often, but I just don't have the time, and some of the guys non-intentionally repeat the same stuff over and over again.

It's kind of like Grandpa's Slideshow when you were a kid- His trip to Mt Rushmore was interesting the first time you heard it, but after that you were just kind of humoring him. I still look for new stuff to learn, but I don't want to end up bored in here- I still enjoy it most of the time.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts