Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I found this post the other day and contacted the author. First wanted to know if it worked or needed any repairs (which is fine I will fix it) also asked for more pictures. And asked for any stamps and or identification information that may be on it. Did they have any serial at this point?

right off the bat $700 seems pretty steep. Has some pitting on the barrel :( and possibly the receiver.

what do y’all think about this? I will post pics when I can. It’s on “Texasguntrader”

·
Registered
26 Posts
I found this post the other day and contacted the author. First wanted to know if it worked or needed any repairs (which is fine I will fix it) also asked for more pictures. And asked for any stamps and or identification information that may be on it. Did they have any serial at this point?

right off the bat $700 seems pretty steep. Has some pitting on the barrel :( and possibly the receiver.

what do y’all think about this? I will post pics when I can. It’s on “Texasguntrader”
That is pretty high price for 20-A. I have 3 of them and the most I paid was $500 for one in nice shape. You have to take the stock off and the serial number is located on the left edge of the rear tang. I paid $275 for one that had some minor pitting on receiver and barrel and a poor bore. I would never pay $700 for one unless it was in great shape. The one I paid $500 for is second from top and is a great little shooter.
Wood Hand tool Shotgun Air gun Arrow

Early Model 20
Early Model 20-A
Very early Model 29. low 3 digit serial number
Model 38.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice shooters you have their.

I decided to pass he didn’t want to budge on the price much. Odd honestly that he wanted so much? Idk someone will prob buy it for $700 unfortunately.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts