Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Texas!
I have had the hots for a Marlin 336 in 35 Rem down at the pawn shop for several weeks. The owner didn't have it displayed because there was a crack in the rear stock and some glue where some fool apparently tried to glue a slip-on shoulder pad in place. She had said she wanted a gunsmith to redo the stock...but there it sat for three weeks.
So I asked the owner if I could take it home and try the stock redo. She agreed and I brought it home. My wife saw the black walnut wood and said she would do the stock redo....took her about 1 1/2 hours and it is looking great.
The gun has an "AC" serial number which is supposed to mean it was made in 1967. When I got it home, I dropped the lever and pulled the bolt to clean it and check the barrel...barrel is in superb condition....it looks hardly used.
It came with a scope rail and Leupold rings so I think I'll put a Pine Ridge 2-7 x 35 scope on it tomorrow and see if it shoots. I got a box of Winchester Super-X 200 gr Power Point for the test. Had to pay $35 at a local hardward store but after all ya gotta have ammo to do a test. Got home and checked Cheaper than Dirt on line and they have Hornady Leveraction 200 gr plastic tips for $22 a box.
She's a shooter -- I'm gonna keep this winner!
So I guess I need to join the 35 Team.

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Hello and welcome to Marlinowners from Louisiana!!!!Your gonna love that .35!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
Congratulations! Looking forward to pics.

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Premium Member
6,685 Posts
Welcome to MO from Pennsylvania!!

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
Welcome, from DFW, Texas

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Hi brewster7, I am from Northeast Florida near Jacksonville. This forum is very informative and friendly. Congratulation on the new 336 in 35 Rem. Welcome Aboard.

·
Premium Member
9,844 Posts
Welcome from Abilene and Goldthwaite, TX! Great rifle and great caliber, but until we see pics, we mostly just gotta take your word for it! ;D Glad you're here. John

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Well judging from the fact that you are not afraid to buy a gun for its potential, you are willing to redo a stock (or at least your wife is ;D ), and that you are now the proud owner of a Marlin lever gun, I think you'll fit in well here. Welcome from the sovereign state of Missouri.

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
Welcome from TN, Lonnie

·
Registered
21,196 Posts
Welcome from South Florida!

·
Super Moderator
16,651 Posts
Welcome from Olympia, WA; in the great Pacific Northwest - MARLIN® COUNTRY!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
16,651 Posts
Welcome from Olympia, WA; in the great Pacific Northwest - MARLIN® COUNTRY!!!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.