Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Without seeing it, I would say that would be a fair to good price for a JM stamped 30/30. Of course we can't hunt deer with that caliber here in Ohio. So it won't demand a higher price here. In Nebraska you can hunt large game with that caliber. So it might be worth a little more.

Jim

·
Registered
559 Posts
I paid more than that for a very-good-condition one last year, with a genuine original K-Mart 3-9x42 scope. Buy it before someone else does. You will not regret it.

·
Registered
10,228 Posts
What they ^^^^^ said and don’t forget the pictures.

Reactions: tradarcher

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
That looks like a good buy to me. With a scope and those very popular see thru rings that everyone on here raves about. They don't rave about how wonderful they are but how disgusting they are. It seems it offends Marlin guys to have those on a Marlin rifle. Ask me how I know. But again I think you did good.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh well, I really bought i for my SIL, he is tall so the high rings will work. It does have a really smooth acion, no noticible wear, I think he will be impressed. Have to get the next generation hooked too yah know.

·
Registered
8,006 Posts
One thing to consider when buying a rifle that is in "good" condition but not "great" condition. You will shoot a rifle that is not in pristine condition and not a collector rifle.

Great buy!

Mike T.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.