Nice !
Congrats & enjoy it :congrats:
Al

Reactions: hammertime

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
U serial number should make it a 1961, If i read the link properly. Hoping to add a skinner sight and start burning up some of the ammo I've been saving

·
Registered
522 Posts
Did you get it to target shoot or to hunt with? Mine is used for hunting and popping snakes around the bayou. Cci subsonic hollow points are very accurate in our rifles. Post some more pictures when you receive it.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got it mostly for plinking around the house, and thinning the sabertooth squirrel population. I also want to practice with a similar set-up to my deer hunting rifle (lever action and peep sight). I can accomplish that fairly inexpensively with this new gun.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I got it mostly for plinking around the house, and thinning the sabertooth squirrel population. I also want to practice with a similar set-up to my deer hunting rifle (lever action and peep sight). I can accomplish that fairly inexpensively with this new gun.
That sounds like a plan I could get behind. That is a good looking rifle and should shoot well.
Be careful around them sabertooth squirrels, they are quick, quiet and vicious. Almost as bad as peeps.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Very nice indeed. Thanks for sharing. Understand if you don't want to share, but what did you have to give for it? It looks like the bullseye is missing. If so, hopefully the hole is not boogered up.

By the way, does anyone else try to guess the age of the rifle by its features. I had this one pinned to 1957-62 before reading the age. I do this on gunbroker all the time.

·
Premium Member
12,156 Posts
Very nice and great fun to shoot. Mine would be fine on tree rats but I picked up a Marlin 25N because it was so cheap and I can pick flees off of tree rats with it using the stock sights.

·
Premium Member
6,516 Posts
Congrats!! Sharp looking 39A!!

·
Premium Member
15,449 Posts
Congrats,

that’s a fine lookin’ rifle

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all the encouragement, It will be a week or so before I can actually see it.

JoeBud, My buddy, who found the rifle for me and made the deal told me in advance that the bullseye was missing. I have one left over from another project. I offered $400 for it after only seeing the above picture and the woman accepted. I will know how good of a deal when I get it. Sometimes ya gotta take a chance

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
$400 is a killer price around my part of the country. Good for you man. They are so much fun to shoot. I'd be having trouble sleeping at night as the wait would be killing me, like a kid on Christmas eve. Looking forward to seeing more pics of it when you get it.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, I got the gun about an hour ago and it was just as advertised, bluing is good, and a few minor character marks in the wood. Overall i am happy with the appearance, but the action operates very stiff. Not binding, just very stiff. I think it needs a good cleaning. I will post up some pics tomorrow

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here are a few pics.
IMG_20140907_060939_565.jpg IMG_20140907_060949_714.jpg
I disassembled the gun last night and cleaned the action but it still cycles pretty hard. Also can someone tell me if the scope mount is factory.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts