Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to a gun show in Centralia Wa. last weekend. Couple friends were going and I got to tag along. It is a small show and some of the prices were out there, one guy had a Marlin 375 for $750 and it was not new in box. I had taken a couple of Colts and a camp 45 as trading material. Swapped both colts for two sets of Single shot colts in displays (darringers) one with black handles brass finish, other with white handles and chrome type finish. Figure they would make a nice display. Sold the Camp 45 within 30 seconds of walking in, hadn't even got checked through security. Finally found something worth while and picked up a 336 in 44mag. My friend couldn't sell the 30-06 he had, so I used it to trade on the 336 and paid him what he wanted for it. Saved a whole $5.00 doing it that way so what the heck worked for both of us.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Hey Sure-shot,

I would like to see a pic or two :D

Cheers,
Mad

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Wheelin and Dealin.. :lol:

·
Registered
485 Posts
how did you like that camp 45 kinda would like 1 but think a 44 mag is a betterround for deer huntin close,mike243

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
mike243 said:
how did you like that camp 45 kinda would like 1 but think a 44 mag is a betterround for deer huntin close,mike243
It is the next best thing to a Thompson :wink: I love mine, it is a blast to shoot and does a number on the garden raiders :shock: :D

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did enjoy the camp 45 but it was very dirty and needed a very good cleaning after being shot. Seemed to have powder residue everywhere.
Mad will try and take some photos of the Colts and 336 later and get them on here. Battery is dead again on the camera.

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
You're going to love that mini-444. Just finished fine tuning the H110 load on mine with the TLC432-285-RF. I'm using the "ladder" method of load developing and it seems my barrel likes 20.3-grains real good for 1700 FPS.

I'm going to shoot a Postal Match target with the load next week and then shoot a ladder with H4227 to see how the rifle likes that.

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks RD have you heard anything on the gang moulds?

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Wow Sure-shot,

Sweet looking long-gun :)
Too bad they dont make them like that anymore :(

Cheers,
Mad

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hey Sure Shot! Real purty lookin gun ya got there pard! Seriously, it's real sharp. Shame they don't make more straight stocked guns. I and others like me wouldn't have to go through the pains of converting pistol-gripped guns back to the way mother nature intended them to look!
BB

:wink:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts