1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
165 Posts
Just talked to Midsouth and the girl said this is no mistake and the price is real. Thought for sure it was a typo or such. I have several hundred used and 500 new on the shelf, but had to order 500 more to use for bartering. Can't go wrong here.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Why is it so cheap? It is on order so they don't have a surplus they are trying to get rid of. Do you think it can possibly be okay?
There is something wrong with this because the price for 500 is $315 so how do they sell 100 for $14? A reverse volume discount? ???

RELOADING / RIFLE BRASS / 45-70 GOVT

*SHOW FOR VENDOR PLEASE SELECT HORNADY AMMUNITION AND RELOADINGREMINGTON COMPONENTS
HORNADY AMMUNITION AND RELOADING 45-70 UNPRIMED BRASS 50 CT
Order No: Status: Price:
003-8784 On Order (click)
$42.50

REMINGTON COMPONENTS 45-70 GOVERNMENT W/O CANNELURE UNPRIMED RIFLE BRASS 500 CT
050-22489 On Order (click)
$315.84

REMINGTON COMPONENTS 45-70 GOVERNMENT W/O CANNELURE UNPRIMED RIFLE BRASS 100 CT
050-22489100 On Order
$14.05

REMINGTON COMPONENTS 45-70 GOVERNMENT NICKEL UNPRIMED RIFLE BRASS 500 CT
050-22552 In Stock
$361.89

REMINGTON COMPONENTS 45-70 GOVERNMENT NICKEL UNPRIMED RIFLE BRASS 100 CT
050-22552100 In Stock
$79.79

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
8,701 Posts
Something is wrong I don't care what that girl said! Once they find out where the screw up is they should honor the price!

See if you can buy 5 orders of 500! ;D Gotta be a typo big time!

·
Registered
8,701 Posts
bishopgrandpa said:
Just talked to Midsouth and the girl said this is no mistake and the price is real. Thought for sure it was a typo or such. I have several hundred used and 500 new on the shelf, but had to order 500 more to use for bartering. Can't go wrong here.

I just talked to the girl at midsouth and she told me that price is a mistake. I just tried to order 5 of the 100 count packs. In their catalogue the price is $66 and change per 100! I told her to forget it! I should have just ordered it on line! :'( I hope they honor the price for the few that have ordered it. I also hope they don't charge you $50 for shipping! ::)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Item #0005022489100 REMINGTON COMPONENTS45-70 GOVERNMENT W/O CANNELURE UNPRIMED RIFLE BRASS 100 CT 2
Backordered $70.40 $140.80

·
Registered
593 Posts
I was going to order 5 too but I learned a long time ago that if it sounds too good to be true then it is. I don't think they will honor that price because they have a disclaimer stating that they will not be held to a typo mistake. I tried this with Gander Mtn. a few months ago and they would not honor their misprint either. I don't think any of them will.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Placed an order for 10 bags. Got a call saying it was a pricing error. After some discussion, a manager offered to go ahead and sell 1 bag at the listed price of $14.05. Said Remington had sent them a bad pricing sheet.

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
From my dealer I get Starline .45-70 brass per bag ( 100count ) for $42.99 + tax. It is brass, not nickel plated.

I don't think it is that bad of a deal.

Pete

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I had a message too on the phone when I got home tonight. Kinda ticked me off especially after people called in and they said the price was NOT a typo then they later back out of it?

In fact, yesterday I logged onto the website and checked my order status and it showed the sale price. I think it was $38.70 for 200 pieces plus shipping. I'm going to go check it now and see what it says.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
bishopgrandpa said:

Right there is where I have by far the biggest problem!

When somebody calls up to place an order and actually asks if that price is correct and is TOLD that it is, then I think they should honor the price. I originally saw this deal posted on another forum and that person also said they verified the price over the phone. I just sent them an email telling them how I felt but it probably won't do any good.

And this was my very FIRST ever attempt to order from Midsouth.... Might be my last just based on principle.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Dang. I'm a day late and a dollar short as usual.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts