Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And, boy was it fun.

I just bought a Winchester 9422M Legacy model. It is chambered for 22WMRF.

The 9422's are discontinued, except for some high grade models. And, my favorite gun store had one 9422M left. It was looking for a home.

In ten days, after the California imposed purgatory, the Chinrester and I will become better acquainted.

Bill

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I have an old pre-XTR straight gripped 94-22-M. It is very accurate with ammo it likes. I think quite highly of this rifle- It took a scope to realize the accuracy potential- the rear sight dovetail on mine was cut well towards the left coast- not enough dovetail there to get it to zero, even with the front bead over as far as I could get it... that's just one rifle, and I rarely hear of other 94-22's like that.

Keep us posted on how your new acquisition shoots.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have a 9422 traditional and i love it. Mines 100% reliable and dead acurate. I added a williams 5d to mine, and it has been an unbeatable combonation. Wait till you get it home and start to notice the quality of that bluing and the perfect wood to metal fit! Superb!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I picked up the 9422M saturday and spent a couple hours at the range with it.

From a rifle rest, it shoots a consistent group of 5/8" at fifty yards, without a problem, so it looks like a keeper.

In fact any brand of ammunition I tried with it saturday, except for PMC, shot the exact same way.

Bill

·
Registered
11 Posts
good for you!!! no one should have to be perfect every time

i just bought a older model 9422
it came with no iron sites just a crapy old scope .
@ 50 yards i was able to keap them grouped in under a inch.
and this was of my truck hood.
if i can't get replacement iron sites for it i'll end up mounting a bettter scope.
have fun with your new toy.
dog man

1 - 6 of 6 Posts