Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm concerned, Mortie keeps posting when he's been first ask to stop. Then he was givin his own form to keep the peace. He wouldn't go along with that, and got banned. Now he's found his way back.

Alot of his post were coming from the Ford Motor Co. As a Ford worker myself, I am concerned as how this reflects on our company. I for one try to do my best to ship out a quality car and don't have time to write foolish post to anger and bother people on internet forms at work.

I would like as many as you that would to contact Ford Motor Co. and let them know whats going on. Banning Large IP ranges many times hurts people who are not involved in this nonsense. It would be better to deal with mortie personaly.

I will get as much information as I can and let you know who to call, and or write.
Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
I like Mortie and I don't give a flying crap where he works. At least he has a job. Which is good if he's out plinkin' squills with a .444 ( I think he has something there). And I would not have known where he works if someone didn't tell me. Anyway, how would he feed the wife (285 lbs) if he got fired. Hope he's got some OT coming once in a while. Anyway between shots, he's probabaly thinking up ways to improve overall quality there at Ford. :roll:

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Skpp,
If you enjoy Mortie's posts, then encourage him to stay on his dedicated forum! How many guys get to have their own forum on somebody elses site?
The guy may be humorous in a kindergarten/moronic way, but his dopey posts turn off most of the intelligent members when they clutter the wrong forums.
If he'd stay at Mortie's Trailer, you could view his posts all you wanted, and the rest of us could enjoy a great gun forum!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Agree with Marlinman 93 on this also.

I'm going to pick up a new Ford truck this weekend. Hope Mortie didn't have anything to do with it.
This is not a personal attack on anyone, but I sure don't want another Chebby. :(

·
Registered
520 Posts
Gurn said:
...Alot of his post were coming from the Ford Motor Co. As a Ford worker myself, I am concerned as how this reflects on our company. I for one try to do my best to ship out a quality car and don't have time to write foolish post to anger and bother people on internet forms at work.

I would like as many as you that would to contact Ford Motor Co. and let them know whats going on. " Thanks
Well Gurn, I am not sure who 'mortie' is or was but I do have a question about your stance about shipping out a quality Ford product. so here goes:

I've been a Ford truck owner since 1971; most all the truck's I've had have been the 1/2 ton, atleast the last 7 have been the 150. Now I've got the 04... :cry: ...big mistake on my part.

For instance I've hunted Deer in Nebraska Sandhills area for more the 4 decades...in Ford 4x4's. I've been stuck 4 maybe 5 times, don't recall 'bottoming out'' ever!

Last Nov/03 went to the same area I've hunted driving my new 04(drove it off the lot Oct 5th/03), 8200GVW, 4:10 gears, new 300hp motor....AND THIS FRIGGIN TRUCK BOTTOMED OUT MORE (I quit counting after the 5th time) IN ONE DAY THAN ANYOTHER F-TRUCK I'VE HAD during the preceeding 4 decades in TOTAL...!!!!!!!!!

If you want me to go on...let me know, I can fill up this entire page with problems.

Can you PLEASE find someone at Ford who will buy back my O4....I am truly disappointed.

402-681-3562, CST. with voice mail 24-7...

·
Registered
97 Posts
I to would have stay at the Marlin93 camp here on the Mortie issue. This senseless diatribe does nothing but harm us as a group of hunters and gun owners. Try to think what the other side of our struggle see's when they read his crap. Then again perhaps "Mortie" is on the other side. Has anyone ever thought that he may be an ANTI looking to degrade and disrupt the site we all enjoy. Food for thought.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I have to stick with marlinman and the rest on this one since we've been relatively free of mortie it's been mostly good info on the forum. I was against banning Mortie and when he got his own spot I thought it was the greatest thing he could have expected and a wise move on Larry's part but he couldn't stay in line so he got what he in fact asked for[THE BOOT!]
..Welcome back Custom Rodsmith how was your vacation and the dacks?shootrj2003

·
Registered
97 Posts
Still up here till labor day! Just got back from a 100 mile round trip down to Johnstown to pick up some H4198 powder that they said was in stock....NOPE! Ended up buying 2 lbs of IMR 4895 as a sub. No copy maching for the load data there so will post in reload looking for recipies for the 444 in 265 &300 gr booits.

·
Registered
345 Posts
gunpowder said:
Gurn said:
...Alot of his post were coming from the Ford Motor Co. As a Ford worker myself, I am concerned as how this reflects on our company. I for one try to do my best to ship out a quality car and don't have time to write foolish post to anger and bother people on internet forms at work.

I would like as many as you that would to contact Ford Motor Co. and let them know whats going on. " Thanks
Well Gurn, I am not sure who 'mortie' is or was but I do have a question about your stance about shipping out a quality Ford product. so here goes:

I've been a Ford truck owner since 1971; most all the truck's I've had have been the 1/2 ton, atleast the last 7 have been the 150. Now I've got the 04... :cry: ...big mistake on my part.

For instance I've hunted Deer in Nebraska Sandhills area for more the 4 decades...in Ford 4x4's. I've been stuck 4 maybe 5 times, don't recall 'bottoming out'' ever!

Last Nov/03 went to the same area I've hunted driving my new 04(drove it off the lot Oct 5th/03), 8200GVW, 4:10 gears, new 300hp motor....AND THIS FRIGGIN TRUCK BOTTOMED OUT MORE (I quit counting after the 5th time) IN ONE DAY THAN ANYOTHER F-TRUCK I'VE HAD during the preceeding 4 decades in TOTAL...!!!!!!!!!

If you want me to go one...let me know, I can fill up this entire page with problems.

Can you PLEASE find someone at Ford who will buy back my O4....I am truly disappointed.

402-681-3562, CST. with voice mail 24-7...
Get rid of that junk box and get a Hemi Ram! :D

·
Premium Member
10,997 Posts
Mortie ?

I agree with Marlinman 93 and the rest of the crew! Get Mortie OFF this site!
I think we should petition Ford to move mortie's work area inside a very large Catalitic Converter for at least a month or two!
I can't understand why he even takes the time to post that garbage!

Tomray

·
Premium Member
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Gunpowder
I'm sorry that your new truck isn't what you expected. :(
I'm just a small fry in Ford Motor. The problems you are having are design
related, that can not be controled be the men or women who put them together. Your only recourse it to let Ford know how you feel. If theres no satisfaction then you know what not to do the next time.
Sorry, Gurn

·
Registered
520 Posts
Gurn said:
Gunpowder
I'm sorry that your new truck isn't what you expected. :(
I'm just a small fry in Ford Motor. The problems you are having are design
related, that can not be controled be the men or women who put them together. Your only recourse it to let Ford know how you feel. If theres no satisfaction then you know what not to do the next time.
Sorry, Gurn
Gurn thanks for responding...

Yea I know it's a design problem: those designers spent 10-years in a bar doing the designing...what a bunch of slick-haired idiots, Ford is no longer the working man's truck....

By the way you should see where those friggin idiots put the oil-cooler...
you won't believe it...during harvest time when farmer here cut the corn and if a farmer has the 04 4x4 and he drives it through the cut off corn-stalks...good by cooler...

These guys had to be smoke'n Crack when they put the cooler in the place they did...and a plastic skid plate protecting the gas tank...wow what a bunch of idiots..

WHY NOT POST MY POSTING IN THE LUNCH ROOM...maybe some will call...I'll dump this is a heart beat and buy a 250 4x4 b-4 Ford screws those up...

·
Registered
187 Posts
Morti is a hacker. Nothing more. His sole reason for being on this site is to 'crack' in.

We see many of these types also writing viruses.

Remember, this type of person gets their 'jollies' from the break in. He has no intrest in actually participating in the conversation we all enjoy.

Its very distructive behavoir.

As I write, he and others, are trying to figure a way around the defenses Larry has put in place.

Those of use in Information Technology for a living, are soon to be protected (& you) by federal laws preventing such activities.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
GP,

Is your new F-150 a 4x4 or FX4? Just curious. I recently purchased a 2001 XLT 4X4 but haven't had it of road much, just through a field. IIRC my oil cooler is in front of the radiator, near the trans cooler. Where's yours?

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
Probably hitting bottom cause they moved the shocks to the outside of the frame. Here in PA it's hard to find a 1/2 ton PU with an 8 ft. bed, guess PU's aren't for working and haulin' stuff anymore, just for lookin' like your a workin' man
Mike

·
Registered
520 Posts
SquirrelSniper said:
GP,

Is your new F-150 a 4x4 or FX4? Just curious. I recently purchased a 2001 XLT 4X4 but haven't had it of road much, just through a field. IIRC my oil cooler is in front of the radiator, near the trans cooler. Where's yours?
YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE IT IF I TOLD YOU..... email me at [email protected] and I will send you a picture...YOU WON'T FRIGG'N BELIEVE IT...IT HAS GOT TO BE THE MOST A Z Z STUPID PLACE IN THE WORLD TO PUT A TRANNY COOLER....

Ten years in the design of the new 04 F150 4x4....a bunch of drunks put this truck together..

In a short sentence:

The tranny cooler is in the front of the muzzle of a 155 Self-Propelled Howitzer...

·
Registered
431 Posts
Perhaps Mortie works in the FoMoCo light truck design dept?

p.s. I have a '91 Explorer Sport 4WD. I'd like another one like that please :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
hehe i have a 02 dodge ram 1500 kingcab. never had a prob. with it.....

why would i buy a ford anyhow?? i might just as well pay 1 grand for a square tire.... they should ride about the same and i saved a lot of money :roll: :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts