Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For our Bothers in Arms in the UK and British Commonwealth..........

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Some things would be a lot different if we had taken an american approach and kicked em out...lol

Reactions: biku324

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Yeh we could have ended up speaking french.......:hmmmm:

Reactions: Fordster

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
that is very true, and one of the good things about english heritage, it made a global language

Its the British Crown that says i cant carry a gun to defend myself.
Its the British Crown that says you will ring the constabulary to come to your assistance

·
Registered
519 Posts
Its the British Crown that says i cant carry a gun to defend myself.
Its the British Crown that says you will ring the constabulary to come to your assistance

No it is not. New Zealand has been self governing since 1852 and a complete dominion since 1907. "The British Crown" does not tell New Zealand how to do anything. In fact, the British Crown does not tell the British people what to do as the Crown has been a Constitutional Monarchy (figure head) since 1688.

The Waitangi Treaty failed to guarantee New Zealanders the right to arm themselves, as did the Crimes Act of '61 or the Arms Act of '86. Successive Kiwi governments and courts have also ignored the inherant right of arms as proscribed by Common Law or even the 1689 Briitish Bill of Rights....

Blame the British for some of the bad things we have done, but please, don't hang the failings of your wonderful country on us when it's unwarranted...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts