Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got into this winter habit of hitting the local gun shops every week. I take a different direction each week. Thursday's evenings to the south, Fridays evenings locally and to the North. Weekends to the east and then back west. Tonight I went south. Ended up grabbing a Ruger 96/44 that just hit the rack today, a 2nd year production made in 1997. Gun is in 90% shape with 10% being lost to a few stock dings but metal and bore are excellent. Came with a spare mag as well. I've seen these around in different calibers from 17HMR to 44 mag but this is the first time I took an interest. Bought it to flip but it's already growing on me, might just have to keep it for awhile. The rail is coming off. I'll get a set of rings and mount a scope. I have a few takeoffs, one is a Pentax 2x7x32 that I think will go nicely on this thing. Winter really needs to get out of here. I can't keep this up much longer. Once warm weather sets in I'll be to busy working on the house to have time for the gun shop runs. There's about 20 of them on my list and that ain't all of em!
Gun Rifle Shotgun Air gun Wood

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
Congrats, and looks nice. I could have some fun with one of those myself, ha! Enjoy...

·
Registered
19,713 Posts
You don't really want help. You're still in denial. If you were serious about a cure,you wouldn't be posting here at Master Enablers International Brotherhood. How do you think we're gonna help you,when we can't even help ourselves?

BTW,nice rifle. How 'bout a range report?

:)

·
Registered
32,303 Posts
Yes M1Riflenut you do need help. Let us treat this like a smoking problem. When you get the urge to buy another rifle give me a call and I will rush over to your place and we can both run to the nearest gun shop.

·
Administrator
30,727 Posts
LOL, I can't help you staying out of gun shops, M1. But I can ban you from the TP forums. :flute: :biggrin:

Jack

·
Super Moderator
5,143 Posts
LOL, I can't help you staying out of gun shops, M1. But I can ban you from the TP forums. :flute: :biggrin:

Jack
Now That's Funny Right There............................I don't care who you are.....that's funny.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I have considered trying crack or heroin instead of this gun habit it would have to be cheaper and people would certainly more understanding while at rehab.

·
Registered
19,713 Posts
Yes M1Riflenut you do need help. Let us treat this like a smoking problem. When you get the urge to buy another rifle give me a call and I will rush over to your place and we can both run to the nearest gun shop.
Yeah,treat it like a smoking problem. Second-hand gun buying is just as dangerous. You can be affected by being in the same room.

·
Premium Member
16,822 Posts
Somewhat like gunbroker,

the more time i spend on gunbroker, the broker i get

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.