Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering why men give women flowers, is it to be nice or to get us into the mood? I saw a whole field of beautiful fireweed yesterday and it certainly got me in the mood. I used to know someone who had flowers sent to me all the time but he was still a jerk though.

·
Registered
60 Posts
In a world that flowers alone put women in the mood, there would only be Florists. 8)

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've gotta admit that sometimes I'm the kind of girl who can be had for a field of wildflowers and a beautiful blue sky.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I've never considered flowers foreplay. I just send them because she likes them and they smell good and, hopefully, every time she looks at them she is thinking of me and smiling. Unfortunately, I'm speaking from memory. I wouldn't ruin the whole flower thing by analyzing the reasons we send them. I'll admit, I never knew that different color roses meant different things to women. I sent some yellow roses once because I thought they were pretty. She told me later that she took them to mean that I only wanted to be friends. That's when she laid it all out for me. I have conveniently forgotten the meaning of the different colors.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I only send my x's Cactus Plants! :twisted:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like all flowers but I like wildflowers the best. This man I know used to send me flowers all the time and once they had lillies in them which I'm allergic to and they made me sick so I had to put them out on my back fence.

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
RomanCandle said:
I like all flowers but I like wildflowers the best. This man I know used to send me flowers all the time and once they had lillies in them which I'm allergic to and they made me sick so I had to put them out on my back fence.
See, thats why I dont buy flowers. I know I'de get the wrong ones just like I get the wrong blouses & sweaters so I dont buy that crap anymore. If my wife wants a flower I reckon she can get one. Never could figure out why she'd want one anyhow. :? I give her money & it seems like she likes it ok as she uses it to buy alot of things I never would.
Like today, but lemme start at the start.

Bout 2 months ago she asked me about a bird she saw needing a home, a lovebird of all things, so I said no because I'm not real fond of birds except for eating. Well she brung the dern thing home anyway of course, but it was free & we had a cage from a dead parakeet that was alive once, so I just dealt with it.

Ok, so today I got home & she bought the biggest birdcage on Gods green earth for this thing. Its so big it came with a cart to wheel it around so she can move it. :shock:

Maybe when the bird croaks we can use it for the dog. Anyway I think she likes the cage better than she would a flower.

Me, I'da rather she got a chiken & cooked dinner. :D

·
Registered
553 Posts
I had never been given flowers until my hubby. The first time he picked me up from work and left me 2 red long-stemmed roses and a gold chain. It was so romantic. Even though it was not his direct intention, just knowing that he thought about me was enough to put me in the mood.

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
tough123 said:
I had never been given flowers until my hubby. The first time he picked me up from work and left me 2 red long-stemmed roses and a gold chain. It was so romantic. Even though it was not his direct intention, just knowing that he thought about me was enough to put me in the mood.

So, like a couple chikens or maybe a few trout for you to fry up in butter & garlick wouldnt a done it? :lol: Women are so difficult. :p My wife bought me a fishing pole for my birthday so whats wrong with a few fish? If you want you can dip a fish in flower before you fry it & chiken too. Dont know what you might cook with a gold chain but maybe you could tie it on a line & put a hook on it, might catch something but silver seems to work better IMO. :D

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
I picked this wild flower as part of a fist full that I gave my grand daughter this spring on a hiking trip. They made her happy and she smiled and hugged me. I give floweres to my gals for this reason and I never asked them why they felt this way toward flowers. Life is good, BestLever

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
RC; the reason I give flowers is to say thanks.. For a date,, for time talking,, or just being there when I needed a friend.... But all the colors of Roses have different meanings.. Few women or men really understand them .
For those that don't know.. here..

Black Roses signify Death ( this does not exist has to be man made)
Coral Rose conveys desire
Lavender Roses symbolize love at first sight and enhancement
Orange Roses indicate enthusiasm, desire and fascination
Pink (Deep) says Thank You
Pink (Light) Rose conveys admiration, gentleness, grace, gladness, joy and sweetness
Pink Rose carry the message of happiness, gracefulness and gentleness
Red Roses symbolize sincere Love, Respect, Courage & Passion
Red (Dark) Rose reveals unconscious beauty
Red (Single) means "I Love You"
Red & White Roses together signify unity
Single Rose in any color expresses simplicity and gratitude
White Roses express Purity/heavenly, secrecy, silence, innocence and charm
White (Bridal) Rose symbolizes a happy love
Yellow Roses indicate joy, gladness, friendship and "I Care"
Yellow Rose with Red Tip indicates friendship falling in Love

1 - 15 of 15 Posts