Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Osceola is the only bird I need to get my slam. Do they have much huntable public land down there? I do not do guides but a short lease may be an option.- Locoman

·
Registered
922 Posts
Every Osceola I have killed were on public land. There are many WMA's in Fl with a good populations. We hunt Bull Creek WMA. It produces many birds. You do have to work for them though. They don't call them swamp ghosts for nothing. LOL

Joe

Osceola is the only bird I need to get my slam. Do they have much huntable public land down there? I do not do guides but a short lease may be an option.- Locoman

·
Premium Member
10,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes there is a lot of Public hunting land here in this area. The Ocala National Forest for one. It covers a lot of land and would take a good bit of time scouting and learning the hunting areas. Other state forest as well but you will need to get proper stamps and license for those areas of course. I do know a guide that is a really good guy and fun to be around that can put you in a spot to get a Osceola turkey. I have no idea what he charges though.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Nice work! Starting to look like I'll miss our spring season but I sure want to get out there. We blind/call hunt in the spring here and spot-n-stalk in the fall. Lots-O-Fun!

Tim

1 - 14 of 14 Posts