Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21,363 Posts
Prayers sent for yet ANOTHER Officer and his family!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Hard to believe Andrew, but as yearly averages go, the numbers are low. 2017 being the lowest in many years.

John
not the deaths by ambush. Are you looking at total annual deaths or death by firearm? I don’t mean this as an attack question. I don’t know myself.

·
Super Moderator
15,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
not the deaths by ambush. Are you looking at total annual deaths or death by firearm? I don’t mean this as an attack question. I don’t know myself.
Good question Big Poppa. ..........That would be annual deaths. A specific detailed search can be done. Historically, the approximate numbers are half 'felonious' deaths, half 'accidental'. I get my information from the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund which I'm associated with. I could obtain specifics, but honestly, no need to wrap myself up any tighter on these issues. I report here at MO the deaths of LEO's relative to weapons/violence only. My goal is not to garner sympathy for LE, but feel these circumstances, incidents of violent/weapon Officer deaths are relative to us Forum members as we advocate/practice concealed carry, home protection etc.

John

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.