Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Anywhere in Florida is beautiful in October, it is easily my favorite month weather wise here!

·
Premium Member
12,156 Posts
The weather is great in the Keys year round unless a hurricane is off shore. It is hot and you can get your ass burned but it is not bad as you have a breaze coming off of water most all the time. My question is how the hell do you pull your boat with a motorcycle?

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
The Keys are special, no doubt. Great fishing and then of course there's Duvall street and the infamous Sloppy Joes. Next time I go I'm gonna drive around all those ..mn toll roads.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did the Duvall crawl and hit Sloppy Joes. My Parents have a house in Port Charlotte, We rode down to Key Largo and stayed there the first day then rode to Key West and Stayed a day there. Its the closet thing to paradise I've seen. A lot different from Maine that's for sure. Barely any traffic in and out of Key West too.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And no boats for us anymore, we buy motorcycles now, way cheaper than boats!!! My father had a big cabin cruiser, used 45 to 50 gallons of gas a day and just plain expensive to maintain!!!

·
Premium Member
12,156 Posts
The Keys are special, no doubt. Great fishing and then of course there's Duvall street and the infamous Sloppy Joes. Next time I go I'm gonna drive around all those ..mn toll roads.
When I use to go every year and pull my boat we just stayed on I-75 all the way down to Naples and then cut across to Homestead and avoided the tolls that way. It is about the same drive but they are steady working on 75 around Tampa so you have to avoid hitting it a rush hour. We would leave after work and get to Islamorada around midnight. I can remember when the old bridges were there and the seven mile bridge was a narrow 2 lane road. The Keys were better back in those days but not the roads.

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Oh I remember the old two lane also. Pulled a camper down to kW and stayed all winter. High pucker factor every time I passed by a truck. New highway is much better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts