Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
that is all good, but the one i question is "violent assembly" a felony. who will determine if it is "violent assembly" ? the cops? i would worry if they don't like your get together they can declare anything they don't agree with violent. it needs to be clear as to what constitutes violent so an arrest can be made or not,,,,,,,,,,,

Reactions: Golphin

·
Registered
16,412 Posts
Good Law. Y'know we have a member that keeps posting "save your ammunition for the ones that count". When ANTIFA and BLM come down your street to burn your home, you can't ask them to stop what they're doing and send their overlords. The violent blackshirt scumbags are your first point of contact, so they are "the ones that count'. You're not going to touch obama and his team of terrorists and financiers that drive the organization,

Laws like this new Florida Law are a step in the right direction. Castle Doctrine and necessary force should be strengthened and protected in the fight against Domestic Terror. Shoot a looter, get the Good Citizen Award and free ammo. Screw obama, holder, jarrett and their army of domestic terrorist thugs.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis just keeps proving he is the right man for the job.

View attachment 845358
It isn't just the 2nd Amendment they want, it seems they want the 1st as well. In the interest of safety of course. A very bad law. The truth is the Government is afraid of it's citizens. So they pass these draconian laws to control its citizenry. By trying to limit what they, "the people", can do by threatening them with various punishments. People don't realize how much power they hold. That law violates a persons constitutional right to peaceably protest. Because all they have to do is say, "It Was A Riot", and haul you off to jail. A very bad unconstitutional law.

·
Premium Member
11,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It isn't just the 2nd Amendment they want, it seems they want the 1st as well. In the interest of safety of course. A very bad law. The truth is the Government is afraid of it's citizens. So they pass these draconian laws to control its citizenry. By trying to limit what they, "the people", can do by threatening them with various punishments. People don't realize how much power they hold. That law violates a persons constitutional right to peaceably protest. Because all they have to do is say, "It Was A Riot", and haul you off to jail. A very bad unconstitutional law.
I believe rioting and looting has always been illegal, This law just makes stiffer penalties in hope that it may prevent some of it. Also makes it where a city or county provides protection of citizens and their property as they should. This Governor is very protective of peoples rights including the second amendment. Even under pressure from the Dem's he refused to make mask wear mandatory or completely shut Florida down. He also let business open back 100% ahead of almost every other state while again being criticized the entire time. He also served in the US Navy and did a tour in Iraq.

·
Registered
7,049 Posts
that is all good, but the one i question is "violent assembly" a felony. who will determine if it is "violent assembly" ? the cops? i would worry if they don't like your get together they can declare anything they don't agree with violent. it needs to be clear as to what constitutes violent so an arrest can be made or not,,,,,,,,,,,
As far as who determines what a 'violent assembly' is for purposes of charging someone with that offense - that would be up to the District Attorney - and I wouldn't doubt that there are sentencing guidelines, or legal language (aka legalese) outlining what constitutes 'violent assembly' so that when it is presented before a judge/jury they can 'reasonably' determine whether or not the circumstances and person/persons charged meets or exceeds the standard and criteria for being found guilty or not and if the resulting penalty is applicable. (Now, how and whether it gets properly applied and upheld by a DA/Judge/Jury is a complete other story... see People v OJ Simpson and People v. Derek Chauvin as prime examples of 'misapplication' of charging and determining a 'reasonable' verdict for violation of a law by a DA/, Judge or Jury).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts