Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went to the florence gun/knife/bennie baby show, whew! we are millionaires!.... a remington 25 and 32cal model 81 for $450! each!...one winnie 3030, $425!......only deals=a couple of 336 marlins 3030's $225.....lowest price there!....but they weren't old enough, or if they'd been a 35 rem caliber~! :wink:
i was carring the only m96 and k-31 there.....lots of asking questions........the springfield trapdoors were old/aged at $800+.....no money trading hands much, lots of looking, i had the ONLY m/96 swed and k-31 there, nobody wanted either, but lots of questions....i think we have gun SHOWS, not gun show sale anymore!.....i won't buy a model 67a win for $225~ i like looking or even offer to trade, but the other guy wants too much.....so it's just a display show!:lol
was nice tho to get the wife to go with me.....and, this time NO AD! last time she went a guy popped his own hand with a .380....yup, he hurt! went thru the hand, thu his son's leg, bounced off the floor, lodged in the ceiling!....ball ammo!

·
Registered
56 Posts
The dealers and collectors at gun show are generally way way too in love with their Marlins for me to be much interested. However, ocasionally ... I did get my 25-20 at a gun show 10 years ago for $200, it needed a firing pin and ejector, so $100 later I was in business, and I love it. Last year I picked up a 95% original blue 1892 for $700 circa 1902 which I didn't think was a bad deal for a gun in it's condition. And if I look hard enough I will occasionally pick up 32 long colt and 32 rim fire ammo for $20 to $30 a box. Also, its the best and easiest place to get regular shootin ammo.

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
I can't say across the line that they are all good or bad. I really pick and choose which I go to. There are a few local shows that are just horrible, but there are a few others that are always good!
Seems the local club shows are often a good place to find some neat guns and accessories, but the big commercial shows around here are full of non-gun junk.
I don't mind driving or flying to another state for a show, if it's a good one, but I wont cross the street for a bad gun show.

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
I found a Savage 250-3000 for $300 looked new, was made in 1928. Picked my first 1881 at the Puyallup gun show. Picked up a J. Steverns in 25 Rem for $200 at the last show I went to. Don't allways find something but know what you mean about some folks thinking they found a gold mine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts