Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Flip to the side scope mount

9K views 33 replies 22 participants last post by  .35Rem.owner.GER 
#1 ·
I have a Marlin 336C and Classic 1895. I am looking for a scope mount that flips to the side, and still attached to the rifle, for close in shots. The only ones I can find are for red dot magnifiers. I saw one on a TV show (Alaska the last frontier) and he said it was about 15+ years old. Anyone know of one that is made today? Yes, I need a scope for these old tired eyes, unfortunately. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

#32 ·
Got an 336 of 1964 it hit where I aim with this particular mount. Are there better options ? Sure, we're our parents able to fill the freezer with it? Also yes.
If I would assume the mount will be loose, or there could be the chance of wounding an animal because of lacking precision, this would be changed without hesitation.

I allways like my rifles for what they are, tools, which are dangerous without proper handling. Before I go on a hunt, the rifle of the season has to go along a pre-hunt inspection. I shoot couple of targets, some fast follow shots, some on my estimated range for the particular rifle. My leverguns are never used for hunting over 100yards, not because they can't do it. I just have other rifles for longer distances. Also my grandparents doesn't shot that long distances. if this works in the old days, why should I try to max out ranges, push the mount over its abilitys or risk to hit a animal non lethal ? I have these beautiful old rifle, and it's still got his old mount it came with. And as long as this will do what I want it to do I don't change for something fancy.

#34 ·
wasnt meant to answer a question than to state something i seem to missunderstand in previus posts. Sorry i not look for the dates on the posts.

Unfortunately i am not able to give you a fact based answer for your problem. The mount looks exactly like mine, when i look for the screws on top of the rail. But i have a bit more space for lifting the iron sight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.