Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share a photo of my first success. My wife and I have been seeing coyote and bobcat on the trail cams, but had no sightings while in our stands this year. After hunting season and reading many of your posts, I decided that trapping would be worth a try. I asked my wife for some traps at Christmas. Don't know why I didn't do this sooner because it brought great satisfaction and a now a new hobby. Have much to learn and new "tools" to make and acquire, just like any other recreation. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Nice job! How long was the set out before your friend came along?
Good luck with your new hobby!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice job! How long was the set out before your friend came along?
Good luck with your new hobby!
Thanks! I had two dirt-hole traps set behind the house on a ridge top with a trail cam on each. We've been watching a bobcat and this coyote nosing one of the traps. It took about two-and-a-half weeks before he took the trap that had previously shown no interest.

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Hey Mar450lin - that's a big 'un! Congrats and thanks for sharing your story with a pic. Hopefully the bobcat will be next. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Every time I see signs up here for a "lost" dog or cat I'm reasonably sure either a Coyote or Bobcat get it. I found the head of a cat(all that was left of it in my yard awhile back). We see Coyotes and with increasing frequency Bobcats in the subdivisions all the time here.
I grew up in New England which has a large population of Bobcats and never even once saw one.
Jim

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
Congrats! Hopefully your new quest will be even more successful in the future... good luck to you!

·
Premium Member
11,276 Posts
Congratulations nice coyote.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update

This is a way overdue update to the original post. Because I have been at home like most due to the stay-at-home orders, I finally found the time to complete this project and wanted to share. My first trap sets (coyote/bobcat/raccoon) have become a hat. It will wear well in the cold!

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts