Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was lucky enough to draw another Archery Elk tag in one of my favorite units out here in AZ!
It makes the year so much better when I get drawn, because when I don't, I pout all year long...
anyhow: I've been up scouting a lot the past couple weeks, I put my trails cameras up last week, so they've only been out a week.

Got in to check a couple of them today, nothing really great as far as big bulls go, (although I have spotted many in my spotting scope) there are always pictures of these beautiful creatures to admire, here are some highlights of the 5000 pictures I downloaded today. In case you admire the Rocky Mountain Elk

these crack me up! they can smell your skin/fingerprints on the camera and if its within reach they will always go lick it and bump it.... this girl got all freaky in it ha ha ha!

Nursing the baby

and as always Wile E. Coyote made an appearance

·
Registered
450 Posts
Great pics. It looks like you've got a few decent animals there. Good luck with your bow hunt.

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
Very nice. I envy your backyard. Thanks for posting.

Reactions: I_LOVE_GRANPAS_GUNS

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
Great pictures, and congrats on the tag. I'll be in unit 5A for rifle Cow this year myself during Oct., together with my youngest son that was also drawn. Some of my best memories hunting are with my bow for Elk though, especially during the rut; nothing like getting "up close and personal," ha! Good luck to you.

Reactions: I_LOVE_GRANPAS_GUNS

·
Premium Member
13,991 Posts
Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing and good luck on your hunt! :tee:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts