Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got out with the new Blackhawk. I was really nervous about how it would feel shooting. After a bit finally got the grip down so as to not bite index finger on support hand. I shot my handloads- 240gr xtps over viht-n110. Started out at 25 yards resting over sandbags. Shot bullseye high and left 2". made some adjustment and started putting them in the black. I moved out to fifty yards and ws hitting pretty good. I then spent time shooting it offhand. Got alittle confused when I couldn't hit the steel 8" at fiftyyards offhand. I went back to paper at fifty shooting offhand and was shooting high.Made adjustments to the sights. I finally got my sight picture, grip and trigger pull down and started putting them into the black of a Beartooth target. Very pleased with the day and the results.shooting offhand with the open sights. Now I just need to get the scope to see how well we can really do with this thing.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I've found those Super Blackhawk Hunters to be very accurate as well. you were probably laying the grip on the rest which will later effect the way it recoils when shooting free hand. I'm sure you are going to be very happy with that gun when you put the glass on but the ability to put it on and take it off and maintain accuracy is very handy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts