Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Bought a Marlin XS7 .308 with a mounted scope today at a gunshow. I am more of a handgun owner but wanted to start using rifles. How do I find "accessories" like a bipod, stocks and other items I would need for this specific model?

I know it seems like a stupid question but all of you had to start out somewhere too.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
19,133 Posts
Hey welcome to the forum michaeltdavis19 :tee:

there's just to many options to give a short answer :biggrin:

Cabelas is a option, as is Abels and yer local gun stores.
Cabelas does reviews on stuff and I lean toward quality as (yer stuck with it the rest of it's life:biggrin:).

But hey don't sell these guys here short on having tried products too. We like more than just lever guns here.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Believe it or not, a gunshow is a good place to start. I am sure plenty of people here will give you their personal experience and taste as far as accessories. Another place to try would be some of the larger gunshops. The web has a multitude of items if you know the right words to use as a search engine. Just look for key companies names, and the rest is up to your personal imagination and preference. Give cheaper than dirt a try for starters.

·
Super Moderator
19,133 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Welcome Michael!

There are as many accessories that will fit your rifle as there were rifles to choose from...times a thousand! But you will find that certain named products like Harris bipods, or Redfield, Nikon, Burris, Leupold for scopes (among others).

If you are near a good sized outdoor/hunting/gun store, go in and look and ask questions. Employees will be happy to answer, give you their opinions. Don't just take their word for it...see what you like best too. But remember...brands with a good reputation got that reputation for a reason.

Jon

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Check out midwayusa.com or brownells.com. You can look at numerous products and read customer reviews. Oh, and welcome to MO.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hello Michael and welcome. I say start with a sling and scope cover and start saving for a better scope unless the gun came with a nice one mounted already. After I research what I want on my guns I shop the Internet and have found that amazon or eBay has the lowest prices, just make sure you know the exact product details before purchasing from those sites When I first got into firearms I would spend a lot of time in gun shops asking questions. I don't know a gun owner who doesn't like talking about guns!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I wouldn't go crazy buying a bunch of accessories until I become familiar with the rifle, you may like it just as it is. The first thing to consider is obviously a scope, buy the best one you can afford, A Leupold, Burris, or something similar. Don't bother with after market stocks until you find out well it shoots, you may like the factory stock just fine, and a poorly fitted after market stock can adversely affect accuracy. There are boat loads of add-ons you can buy, but how many do you really need. Kind of like when I bought my brand new 1970 Plymouth Roadrunner and got my hands on a J.C. Whitney catalog, I finally decided to spend my money on gas and forget the "Hollywood go-fasters". Better to spend the money on ammo and shoot more.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
YEP, the main 3:

Scope, Ammo, Sling .................well a bore snake to clean it after every 50 rounds through it :biggrin:

I like this website for accessories since the shipping/handling is cheap.
Graf & Sons - Graf & Sons pays the freight!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts