Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought the M60 on Wednesday and got it out to the range today. Did a cleaning B4 shooting. Took 4 different kinds of ammo. Federal Target Grade was almost OK, Browning BPR was way better and the cheap Monarch (Academy house brand) appeared to be the best. This was good news as my CZ 455 doesn't like the Browning or Monarch. Didn't even shoot the CCI SV as that's what the CZ really likes. 250 rounds with one FTFeed at around 220. I was more than pleased with reliability and accuracy. Wasn't really shooting for accuracy just But you know how it is. This was the best $170 I ever spent. Now time for a good cleaning.

·
Registered
6,672 Posts
Awesome- Congrats!

·
Super Moderator
15,635 Posts
We love shooting our Model 60's as well... They are fun and cheap to shoot... Glad you had a good time...

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Welcome from Texas. All the Marlin/Glenfield .22 semi-autos are like the Energizer Bunny they just keep goin'! You made a wise decision by trying several different ammos.

Reactions: Judson

·
Registered
504 Posts
Thanks for replies.... now I need best cleaning video. Any suggestions?
Arrowdodger is one of our Model 60 gurus. He has several videos for tuning up your Model 60. Once you have it apart, cleaning is a breeze.

Because .22 ammo is so dirty, you'll get different opinions on how much oil to use - anywhere from almost none to a light coat. But it's generally accepted heavy oiling is not necessary and could lead to crud building up faster.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWws-7msGERbVBNw03n5ljw/videos

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I have a few M-60's & love them. Truth is, I probably shot nearly 15-20 times more rimfire than CF!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had my M60 for 38 years before I cleaned it this spring. New buffer, and good as new. They take a lickin, and keep on..... Well, you know.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Finally got my 60 out to the range and put a Simmons scope on it, zeroed it in and holy crap! This thing was freaking amazing. Best 22 For the buck! Welcome to the club.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Finally got my 60 out to the range and put a Simmons scope on it, zeroed it in and holy crap! This thing was freaking amazing. Best 22 For the
buck! Welcome to the club.
Which model Simmons did you go with? I just put one on my 883

·
Registered
690 Posts
Welcome! I thought I'd never want to bother with a rifle as ubiquitous as a Model 60.
I was wrong. I have a Glenfield. It's simple. It's fun. It's simply fun!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts