Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't posted on the forum in a long time, but thought I'd share a Model 60 story.

A friend of mine recently went through a divorce and, since he had to move to a small apartment, let me take his Glenfield Model 60 on a long term loan. He is not a gun guy and the rifle sat in a case in his garage for 20 years. He admitted that when he last shot it in the mid eighties he didn't know to clean it. A few weeks ago I decided to get it out, clean it, and see if it worked.

To say I've never seen a dirtier gun would be an understatement. I suspect it hadn't been cleaned for even longer than he said. Remarkably, it was not rusty and once I got it clean I found that it still seemed to function. Only actual shooting would tell me, though, so I invited him along to the range to try it out. I have to say that I was impressed. It seems to be quite accurate and we had no malfunctions. It is a very enjoyable rifle to shoot and pairs nicely with my 1950 vintage 39A. Indeed, I like it better than my 3 year old 10/22.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Welcome back to the wonderful world of Marlin/Glenfield model 60s.
They are really good Rifles.
Buy yourself one now!
I just bought a 60SB .. but Walmart has the standard model 60 for 157.00$$
Great value.
Buy one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.