Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally made it to the range with my GG with the scope mounted and gave it a try. The range was crowded so I had to start at 50 yards instead of 25 to get it on paper so the first 3 shots were off the paper low and to the right by at least 12 inches. After setting it a little high at 50 yards I was able to get on the 100 yard range and see what it would do with the last three rounds I had with me. 325gr Hornady Leverevolution at 100 yards did pretty well. I need to go back when I'm fresh with another box and see just how well it will do but I think it's off to a good start.
JW

·
Registered
68 Posts
JW said:
Well I finally made it to the range with my GG with the scope mounted and gave it a try. The range was crowded so I had to start at 50 yards instead of 25 to get it on paper so the first 3 shots were off the paper low and to the right by at least 12 inches. After setting it a little high at 50 yards I was able to get on the 100 yard range and see what it would do with the last three rounds I had with me. 325gr Hornady Leverevolution at 100 yards did pretty well. I need to go back when I'm fresh with another box and see just how well it will do but I think it's off to a good start.
JW
JW, nice setup and great shooting. Those kind of things tend to happen with these Marlins especially when your shooting good ammo like the LE. I have shot the LE's in my SDG too and they shoot MOA.

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
JW,

Well right now that group should be good enough to kill anything in NA. ;D

·
Super Moderator
15,828 Posts
My On Target Program says your group center to center is ----- 0.623" x 1.043" that is of course assuming the small squares are 1" squares. 0.155" left of center and 1.764" high......I'd say you're off to a great start!! Congrats on some good shooting. Mr fixit

·
Registered
32,306 Posts
I'm glad you got it to shoot where you wanted it to. If you can lay your hands on a boresighter it will make those first shots out of any scoped rifle so much easier.

·
Registered
584 Posts
That group looks promising indeed!!! Good shooting.

HA

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I can hunt with it like it is but there's always room for improvement. I like groups that are one ragged hole. Not sure it will do that but it will be fun to try.
JW

·
Registered
671 Posts
That's pretty good shootin for what looks to be a low powered scope. :)

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Man, that is great shooting! Not too bad for the first group outta the rifle! Scotty

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'd be very happy with a group size like that!
I quit chasing small groups a long time ago.
Congrats!
WFR

1 - 12 of 12 Posts