·
Registered
254 Posts
My 30-30 TD
Asphalt Automotive tire Wood Water Road

·
Registered
382 Posts
Why does it seem like the more excited I get about these great rifles, the quieter it gets on this great site? Anyway I just got a "new" 1893! S/N indicates that it should get a 120th birthday party this year! Its not cherry, but I like it very much. The bore near the muzzle is pretty rough, and it very likely will be sent out to JES to get transformed into a cast lead 38-55. Here she is, comments are welcome, even if you tell me that its a piece of junk.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
Looks like a beauty to me, I'll take her to the dance.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Your screen name, does it come from casting with two hands, veterinarian, or other, just curious.

Double handed spey casting, mostly for steelhead but also salmon. Big rivers and saltwater.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Double handed spey casting, mostly for steelhead but also salmon. Big rivers and saltwater.
I have seen it here on the Eel,sf Eel, Matole, and such, takes real dedication to catch steelhead on flies with the returns as small as we see.

·
Registered
382 Posts
The washington department of fish and game has done an awesome job of mismanaging and decimating the steelhead runs in this state.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
The washington department of fish and game has done an awesome job of mismanaging and decimating the steelhead runs in this state.
I agree,and though we are way off subject, I visited the Hood Cannal streams last year and heard a lot of talk about steam bed restoration all the while watching huge purse net boats rake everything out of the salt water Hood! Pristine steam bed is great, but the fish just got scooped up before they got there!

·
Registered
382 Posts
I saw the same thing in Colvos Passage. Been fishing for returning silvers at Dash and Browns Point and doing well for a week. One morning I saw a what I would call a purse seining ship, not a boat just sitting out in the middle of the passage, kind of odd. After a half hour or so I see another one steaming out of the port of Tacoma. They meet up side by side and I watch them completely close off the the passage with their nets. They by shut down the silver run heading for the Puyallup and Nisqually rivers for weeks.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Did I see that one on gunbroker? Nice acquisition either way, do you plan to replace or repair the buttstock?

I'm gonna do a full restore on it, wood and all. Would love to find another front half to add to it.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts