Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Why does it seem like the more excited I get about these great rifles, the quieter it gets on this great site? Anyway I just got a "new" 1893! S/N indicates that it should get a 120th birthday party this year! Its not cherry, but I like it very much. The bore near the muzzle is pretty rough, and it very likely will be sent out to JES to get transformed into a cast lead 38-55. Here she is, comments are welcome, even if you tell me that its a piece of junk.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
Looks like a beauty to me, I'll take her to the dance.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Your screen name, does it come from casting with two hands, veterinarian, or other, just curious.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
Double handed spey casting, mostly for steelhead but also salmon. Big rivers and saltwater.

·
Registered
436 Posts
The washington department of fish and game has done an awesome job of mismanaging and decimating the steelhead runs in this state.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I saw the same thing in Colvos Passage. Been fishing for returning silvers at Dash and Browns Point and doing well for a week. One morning I saw a what I would call a purse seining ship, not a boat just sitting out in the middle of the passage, kind of odd. After a half hour or so I see another one steaming out of the port of Tacoma. They meet up side by side and I watch them completely close off the the passage with their nets. They by shut down the silver run heading for the Puyallup and Nisqually rivers for weeks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts