Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why does it seem like the more excited I get about these great rifles, the quieter it gets on this great site? Anyway I just got a "new" 1893! S/N indicates that it should get a 120th birthday party this year! Its not cherry, but I like it very much. The bore near the muzzle is pretty rough, and it very likely will be sent out to JES to get transformed into a cast lead 38-55. Here she is, comments are welcome, even if you tell me that its a piece of junk.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shouldn't be the case, I drive a 41 year old truck so that I can have tools to shoot the different silhouette games, I feel blessed for sure, and I sure enjoy seeing the great tools you guys and gals show on here. We all can admire these Marlins here, and that's what its all about.

·
Registered
134 Posts
1st - think it's bootiful! 2nd - I decided a long time ago that I would rather have 10 Marlins that I like and shoot for the price of one safe queen that I only touch on special occasions. Yours is a bucket of fun waiting to happen. Wayne

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What an absolutely fine piece of engineering these are, everything about it just screams quality, much different than the modern carbine, this wieghes over 8lb now, will probably shed some during the rebore.It feels great just holding it offhand. I'm trying to build a box for it, think it will be so neat to show up to the match and assemble it like a pool shark.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts