Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my first straight stock 3030 from gun broker. I paid a bit much but you never see them in the places I frequent and it is 98%. I hope it feels and fits as good as it looks. I know I need to shpw pics but I do not have the gun yet.

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
Congrats! Saddle ring or no saddle ring?

You know you could copy the GB photos and post them here so we don't have to wait like kids in a candy store. ;)

·
Registered
513 Posts
Nice going Coach!! 98%?? Gotta see some pictures of this one! :D

·
Registered
262 Posts
There is one up at Kittery Trading Post in ME. for $315.............And they would let it go for under $300 if you ask them nicely......

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
I'm one of those guys that prefer straight stocks over pistol grip. So much so I converted my .338MX to one ;). I think you'll like yours ;). When you get yours in make sure you post the pics.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It does not have a saddle ring and is a 1976 year gun. I will try to post a pic from GB.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys, it is the 7th 336 in 4 months. I have 39a, first gun @ 9yrs old, 39 Mountie, 1894 357 mag, 1895 4570gss, I fell in love with 336 rc pre safeties and I have two 35 rems and five 3030s. My biggest problem is I need a new gun safe for just my levers. I like 9422s as well and I have a few. I have two new guns on the way and no room in the safe, I know, terrible problem to have. I thank you guys for the nice comments, make me feel better about my purchase. Now I need a straight stock in 35 rem.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just sold a straight grip marlin very similiar to the one you bought. I had it for a while and thought it was time for an upgrade and bought the BL. They dont make marlins as light or as slim as that anymore. reminded me of my old winchester 94.
my new 30/30 is ok but I can definitely feel the weight from the laminated stock after a few hours in the bush. geez its bulky.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just sold a straight grip marlin very similiar to the one you bought. I had it for a while and thought it was time for an upgrade and bought the BL. They dont make marlins as light or as slim as that anymore. reminded me of my old winchester 94.
my new 30/30 is ok but I can definitely feel the weight from the laminated stock after a few hours in the bush. geez its bulky.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Nice rifle my friend!! Those straight grips are really nice. Have the feel and lines of a Winchester 94 but in my opinion better made. I'm purchasing a '68' Texan and I find the fit and finish on them to be outstanding. Wish they still made em that way! ;)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
when I think of a lever gun and how it should look to me the straight grip 336 is perfect although i hate the spacers and take them off my marlins. I think that is why I started with the 1895 and 1894 due to the straight stock. I do like my pistol grips as well but I can not bring myself to even like a perch belly at this time. You never know. I'm sure the next 336 will be straight in 35 rem because I like the 35 so much.
on a side note, I gave my older brother a case of marlinitis and he is on a spree. I talk so passionately about them he had to try it and you guys know how that turns out. He has three and counting.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Very nice gun...straight grips definantly have the cool factor going for them

·
Registered
163 Posts
Awesome, I have a 76 straight stock as well, love it to death! Nice buy

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey Coach I got a 67 just like it. Bought it in a pawn shop for 275$ T?hats the year i graduated from high school making it special....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts