Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got her all cleaned and lubed and began my testing.
First I began familiarization with the sights - A little hard to get a good site picture - the all black rear blade doesn't lend itself to easy acquisition of the front orange post. But I trudged thru:
Circle Recreation Games Shooting sport Shooting
As you can see by the orange and black dots it took awhile to get the sites figured out - I left my last 8 shots uncovered - this was from about 80 feet using CCI 40gr quiet LR. I stopped when I hit the border of the bullseye.

Then using Redfield 1" see thru 3/8 dovetail rings I mounted my cheapo Gamo scope
Gun Firearm Trigger Air gun Airsoft gun
It was way off ( previously mounted on a Ruger 10/22 ) I stopped shooting once I hit the edge of the bullseye , it was dusk and getting hard to see. I will fine tune it later.

Shooting sport Shooting Recreation Circle Target archery
This was shot using the scope at about 100 feet.

Overall impressions:

Nice looking SS rifle - sites were weak ( I did do a Glock style white highlight on the rear blade - now much easier to see the front orange post - will test this weekend ). Dovetail groove in receiver was a perfect fit for the new see thru rings. I have run about 60 rounds so far of both CCI quiet and CCI longs quiet ( doing this in my backyard - have about an acre privacy fenced , but don't want to disturb the neighbors ) Both rounds were very quiet - not silenced , but quiet enough not to sound like a gun - more like a small hammer hitting pine. Is a breeze to shoot and feels perfect in my arms. Wish it had a wood stock - but alas other than futuristic stocks from Boyds nothing out there yet. Will wait until someone makes a good wood stock for that upgrade. For $275 new this is a great value.

Alcohol Machine Airsoft gun Air gun

·
Registered
519 Posts
I discovered that I would get a cramp in my neck from shooting through a scope. The factory stock seems best for using the open fights. But, the factory sights are nothing to get excited about.

I use this bear tooth combraiser.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.